Termination

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

Termination

Postby gigyas6 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:11 am

Seems a little bit ironic to be posting this only just after talking about how much stuff I wanted to start working on and how open I wanted to be with the community.

Effective March 1st, the N@W Community Server will be shutting down. I will be providing a download link for all the server data so that the work that has currently been put into the server is not lost. This has not been an easy decision.

When this project first launched, it sparked a real fire in the community to get back in the swing of things. To take back N@W under our own terms. It even got the Admins motivated. I'm happy to be a part of that, and I give thanks to _myst_ for putting the idea up in the first place.

Bottom line is that the community has slowly died, both on the server and here in general. I blame myself for a large part of this - many events that were promised never came to fruition, and lack of motivation or purpose on the server has made some endeavors pointless. I've been unable to provide this due to business in my own life.

Regardless, since the update to server files over a week ago, there has been exactly 6 players that have entered the server. Of those six, most of them were the same player joining again at a later time. When I posted the announcement post back on the 15th, there were no replies or discussion, and there has been little discussion in general on the forums over the last month. Even before then, it was scarce to see more than one player join a day, and I'd frequently open the server options to see 0 players in it.

I can no longer continue to pay to keep the server open when there is no interest, and while I could set the patreon up to automate it and keep the lights open that way, it wouldn't be fair to the donors to pay for a dead server.

I'm sorry if this upsets some of you. It was a good run while it lasted. I really wish I was able to provide something more special.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Termination

Postby charmisokay » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 am

It's a shame that it turned out like this, but communities really need a larger sum of people or players who are active on the same time. (In such cases, 8ish people is a fine number)
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby cgeyl » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:22 am

Rip Naw :(
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby writzbitz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks gig. I had some fun moments on the server but admittedly lost interest. You put forth more effort than most in making this thing a possibility. I hope things with season 3 work out and we can meet again.
"War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading."

Season 1:
Fire Nation Maze Master
Season 2:
Council Member of Redstone Syndicate
Commodore Of Riptide Cartel
World Arena President
Season 2.75:
President of Ignus
writzbitz

Timezone: Central

Postby DreXav » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:12 pm

gigyas6 wrote:Manly stuff

*salutes Gigyas* You have put up a mighty effort.
DreXav
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: DreXav
Time Cloaked: Unwilling

Postby Takos_360 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Was... was i the person who joined multiple times? ._. I know for a long period of time i played alot alone... Well, there was really only building to do, hence why so few stayed on. (btw, how much did you need per month to keep it on? (for future reference))
Takos_360
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: Takos_360

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:10 am

Takos_360 wrote:Was... was i the person who joined multiple times? ._. I know for a long period of time i played alot alone... Well, there was really only building to do, hence why so few stayed on. (btw, how much did you need per month to keep it on? (for future reference))

I was paying roughly $30 a month through Nodecraft, as mentioned on the Patreon. However, I didn't want to tick any money from Patrons without also providing something, and didn't feel I was providing something in return, so it was pretty much coming out of pocket. The money hasn't mattered much to me, but it's rough to see the service so unused my so many - myself included, and perhaps especially.

I will be providing all the server files. If someone else desires to take it upon themselves to set it up again and do a better job than I, I certainly wouldn't argue. But I'm starting to get the sense that the lack of activity is from more than just lack of cool dungeons and events.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby _myst_ » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:23 am

*weeps quietly*
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby _Ass4ssin_ » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:13 am

I still had fun moments, so thank you for the effort put into this and all of the players that joined. It was indeed slowly dieing and eventually I was either alone or with takos. I logged on and afked hoping for people to come on, but most probably lost interest, and so did I in the end.

It was however fun and a bit sad that it ended so shortly, but I will still like to thank you, gigyas, and the others for making this and being a part of it. I hope we can soon play again when N@W launch, if it ever will.
_Ass4ssin_
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: _Ass4ssin_

Postby Rvanbergen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm

:cry:
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Next

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)