Skeleton King

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

Re: Skeleton King

Postby Smashum » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:
If we can modify them, I have a few suggestions: Make them drop rare/unobtainable blocks instead of the golden nuggets.

I killed a 'Skeletal Knight' earlier, and it dropped a wither skull. I'm not sure if they always do that, but it's a nice rare drop either way.
Smashum

Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Krazyguy75 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Smashum wrote:
Krazyguy75 wrote:
If we can modify them, I have a few suggestions: Make them drop rare/unobtainable blocks instead of the golden nuggets.

I killed a 'Skeletal Knight' earlier, and it dropped a wither skull. I'm not sure if they always do that, but it's a nice rare drop either way.

It's a wither skeleton, of course it drops wither skulls, it's just a 1% chance or something.

EDIT: So that means we have at least 2 wither skulls, cause I remember someone got one before... if we get 3 we can blow our server up!
Last edited by Krazyguy75 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Smashum wrote:I killed a 'Skeletal Knight' earlier, and it dropped a wither skull. I'm not sure if they always do that, but it's a nice rare drop either way.

Yeah, there's a chance that they drop those. I'm not sure what the percent rate is, but I would assume it's the default?
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

Postby charmisokay » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:48 pm

The skeleton king returns from all deaths, even deletion.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Rvanbergen » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:EDIT: So that means we have at least 2 wither skulls, cause I remember someone got one before... if we get 3 we can blow our server up!

Well, if it was me you remember, then forget it. I lost that skull ages ago.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby gigyas6 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:EDIT: So that means we have at least 2 wither skulls, cause I remember someone got one before... if we get 3 we can blow our server up!

This is precisely the reason why I was trying to disable this earlier. Even if most folks didn't abuse that, it would only take one Wither to destroy a fairly large portion of the map. It's like if there was a button in the world to release an Ender Dragon.
There's no way to disable them dropping wither skulls, either - that's something in the raw Minecraft code based off of their base mob being a wither skeleton.

We'll be seeing more interesting mobs and things to run into soon - even some mobs that drop unique or rare items.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby _Ass4ssin_ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:10 am

gigyas6 wrote:

This is precisely the reason why I was trying to disable this earlier. Even if most folks didn't abuse that, it would only take one Wither to destroy a fairly large portion of the map. It's like if there was a button in the world to release an Ender Dragon.
There's no way to disable them dropping wither skulls, either - that's something in the raw Minecraft code based off of their base mob being a wither skeleton.

We'll be seeing more interesting mobs and things to run into soon - even some mobs that drop unique or rare items.

Why would a wither destroy things, wouldnt the explosions be disabled like with creepers.
Otherwise I'm fairly sure you could disable witherhead drops or just the making of withers.

Can't wait for those mobs, would be fun to get some variation from the default.
_Ass4ssin_
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: _Ass4ssin_

Postby Krazyguy75 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:32 am

Actually, Assassin is right, the explosions won't do anything more than deal damage and kill all the passive mobs.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby gigyas6 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 am

iI can check if wither explosions are covered by doMobGriefing, but in general there's other issues with spawning a Wither outside of building damage. There's also worries outside of the Wither itself given the nature of MythiMobs and how its custom mobs interact with the world.

Again - we'll likely be seeing fancy mobs again.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:01 am

Rvanbergen wrote:

Well, if it was me you remember, then forget it. I lost that skull ages ago.

We have 3 . . . I have one too . . . . :v:
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

Previous

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)