Roster of Active Players and Settlements

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

Roster of Active Players and Settlements

Postby _myst_ » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:00 am

What's This? ---> http://forum.nationsatwar.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6364

Hey everyone, I'm posting a roster here of all currently active players and settlements (not everyone whitelisted, just the people I see online), just so that everyone can see the current server demographics and encourage people to join towns rather than going at it alone.

Active players:
Spoiler:
Gigyas6
_myst_
JethroRayne
_Ass4ssin_
WritzBitz
Krazyguy75
Onundr
B_C
Ragandar
Sinic
Cpt_Bounceraff
Tito_the_Builder
Cgeyl
Quazhby
Sn0torch
Rvanbergen
Brickwork
Orionic
charmisokay
Koichimaru

Current Towns and Settlements:

Spawn Town
Lore: "Built by a young boy lost in the mountains, this town is a hub of commerce and travel."
Built By: Krazyguy75
Residents: Basically everybody at one point or another

Hilltopland
Lore: "This hill-top cathedral offers a commanding view of the surrounding plain."
Built By:Cgeyl
Residents: Cgeyl, Tito_the_Builder

Ignus
Lore: "A city of many towers clinging to a volcanic slope."
Built By: Writzbitz
Residents: Writzbitz, Krazyguy75, Orionic

Sylven
Lore "This ancient fortress has been sieged and rebuilt so many times the original creators are long since forgotten. Wreathed in steam and the trunks of ancient trees, it persists."
Built By: _myst_
Residents: _myst_, JethroRayne

Capt_Braff's Bridge
Lore: "One of the few entrances to the Freehold, many use the abundant farmland to feed themselves as they sojourn."
Built By: Cpt_Bounceraff
Residents: Cpt_Bounceraff

The College of Brigdol
Lore: "Now but a husk of its former glory, the College of Brigdol still houses a few scholars poring over forgotten tomes"
Built by: Tito_the _Builder
Residents: Tito_the _Builder

Path of Desolation & Wyldfire
Lore: "In the wake of utter destruction, a village emerges. Its docks are a famed fishing ground."
Allegiance: Ignus
Built By: Writzbitz & Krazyguy75
Residents: Writzbitz & Krazyguy75

Sablynth
Lore: "The ancestral home of the Sablynthians, rickety platforms hang from dripping stalactites, creaking in the darkness."
Built By: Ragandar & Sinic
Residents: Rangandar and Sinic

Mountain-top Monastary
Lore: "A mysterious construction, being built by unknown workers with purposes unknown. Only time shall reveal the builders' intentions"
Built by: B_C, Onundr
Residents: B_C, Onundr, Sn0wtorch
*Image coming soon*

Forbidden City of Thanragh
Lore: "An abandoned city with a dark secret, in its heyday nobody was allowed into Thranagh's forbidden zone, but rumors persist today as to its true purpose."
Built By: _Ass4ssin_
Residents: _Ass4ssin_
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Roster of Active Players and Settlements

Postby _Ass4ssin_ » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 am

That's a nice list of the current towns and players, I didn't even knew there were this many places already!
_Ass4ssin_
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: _Ass4ssin_

Postby Rvanbergen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:49 am

And once again, please people, think about joining one of these nations first before deciding to go at it alone. That's exactly what brought down S2, you know. :(
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby _Ass4ssin_ » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Rvanbergen wrote:And once again, please people, think about joining one of these nations first before deciding to go at it alone. That's exactly what brought down S2, you know. :(

I haven't played in S2, but I can imagine how solo towns/dou nations will slowly destroy the server.

currently there are 20 players listed and 9 settlements. I figure that if we get 3 nations with 3 settlements it would be nicely divided, of course this is a bit forcing, but maybe having more set groups and lines will work out better.

I am not sure if there are unlisted settlements or anything, but I think we should work with what we got and try to keep those towns, of course once again we can't force it, but I think it would be the best option.

Splitting the towns in nations is a bit more tricky as it kinda comes down on lore/location/love for the other towns, but I think having around 3-4 nations max is best option.

I would like to know what others think and feel about it.
_Ass4ssin_
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: _Ass4ssin_

Postby _myst_ » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:02 pm

_Ass4ssin_ wrote:
Rvanbergen wrote:And once again, please people, think about joining one of these nations first before deciding to go at it alone. That's exactly what brought down S2, you know. :(

I haven't played in S2, but I can imagine how solo towns/dou nations will slowly destroy the server.

currently there are 20 players listed and 9 settlements.

Rvan is right, solo nations were EXACTLY how season 2 died. This is the main reason I posted this, we need freelancers to start joining towns so we actully have teams for events rather than free-for-alls. The only place I think tat a new town would be acceptable would be in the Fenland because it's presently largely unsettled. In Season 2 _Ass4ssin_, the majority of players on the server started their own one-man nations that nobody else wanted to join because of a lack of lore or buildings or resources or whatever. These one-man nations got bored of going at it alone so they slowly quit. This is exactly the reason that I made the map with only four major biomes, and only 2500 blocks across, was to combat this sort of thing, because it's lethal for a faction server like ours, particularly as our playerbase is pretty limited right now as-is. In season 2, for the most part the only nations that survived till the end had upwards of 7 people, nations like Necropolis, The Wall, The Pathfinders Guild, etc.
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby B_C » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:16 pm

While people going at it alone was detrimental to nation building during season 2, I don't think it was the sole cause of the problems. I believe solo nations can work if the person is dedicated enough to finish the job. But the problem is that most envision something beyond the scope of one person and burn themselves out midway through their project. That being said, it is important for people to join a nation so that you can use teamwork to finish projects as well as share resources to avoid burn out on projects.

Spoiler:
There is not really one overall reason why season 2 did not work out the way everyone wanted it to. The server was very active at the beginning, but due to lag issues a lot of those people left and never came back even when it was fixed. The second wave of applications replaced some of the bodies but it was not enough to fill the place up with active and dedicated players. Part of the problem is the nature of online gaming and wanting to move on to the new hotness as it comes out. Let's face it most people have short attention spans. Motivation to play a game comes and goes as well as available time to dedicate to said games. Combine that with the fact that this server is mostly about building long term projects that look awesome when finished and its no wonder that people have long periods of inactivity as they burn themselves out on massive construction projects.

What season 2 lacked were ways to combat burn out. It needed elements to keep the game fresh for people and ways to keep pvp active and engaging. Without a steady stream of new content or goals to be met in the world at large, everyone simply hung out in their nation and worked on their projects. Those who sought pvp were met with people hiding behind their protected walls with no consequence for doing so. A combination of normal minecraft burn out and the lack of new content/pvp all lead to people logging off minecraft and playing another game.

This is not anyone's fault. But rather the nature of gaming in general. Most games have a strong dedicated group that will stick with a game through thick and thin. But then you have the gooey masses that move from game to game like locusts seeking content to engage them for a short period of time before they grow bored. The trick for season 3 will be increasing the amount of people who want to be in the dedicated group of nation builders while providing enough content to keep it fresh for those who are looking for something shiny to distract them for a few weeks at a time.

edit: did not realize my rant would be this long, so I hid it under a spoiler.
B_C: Have you done it with your sister?
Buttkittens: No, but I have done it with my mom.
B_C
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: B_C

Postby writzbitz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:33 pm

The trick for season 3 will be increasing the amount of people who want to be in the dedicated group of nation builders while providing enough content to keep it fresh for those who are looking for something shiny to distract them for a few weeks at a time.

I would prefer if there was a set number of nations for season three. Something where people post a few nation ideas which are later voted on and implemented into the game. Season one went over very well in my opinion. Four nations were available to choose from and some amazing progress was made within the short span of a week.
"War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading."

Season 1:
Fire Nation Maze Master
Season 2:
Council Member of Redstone Syndicate
Commodore Of Riptide Cartel
World Arena President
Season 2.75:
President of Ignus
writzbitz

Timezone: Central

Postby Sheez » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:22 am

writzbitz wrote:
The trick for season 3 will be increasing the amount of people who want to be in the dedicated group of nation builders while providing enough content to keep it fresh for those who are looking for something shiny to distract them for a few weeks at a time.

I would prefer if there was a set number of nations for season three. Something where people post a few nation ideas which are later voted on and implemented into the game. Season one went over very well in my opinion. Four nations were available to choose from and some amazing progress was made within the short span of a week.

Design for S3 has 3 faction/nations.

Within those factions could be multiple settlements all tied under one nation.

Each nation is defined by traits in opposition to the other nations but are general enough that players within each faction could shape it to their liking fairly easily.
Sheez

Postby SmurfyX » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:56 am

Fonjo wrote:
writzbitz wrote:

Design for S3 has 3 faction/nations.

Within those factions could be multiple settlements all tied under one nation.

Each nation is defined by traits in opposition to the other nations but are general enough that players within each faction could shape it to their liking fairly easily.

You guys are still planning on doing this in this decade/lifetime? Also, I just checked on a whim assuming this was dead af, HI FONJO
SmurfyX

Postby Krazyguy75 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:01 am

JOIN THE TEMP SERVER SMURFY

ONE OF US

ONE OF US
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Next

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)