Roster of Active Players and Settlements

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

Re: Roster of Active Players and Settlements

Postby Sheez » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:39 am

Eh, I've wanted this thing to happen for a long time. Unfortunately, adult life and lack of manpower has set us back any number of times.

I think many of the admins have wished at some point that we could just quit after we hit a major roadblock but we made promises and actually want to see this happen.

We don't have a coder at the moment so that's not going anywhere. Sheez and I have started a bit of coding but we are green as fuck and useless right now.

So yeah, we are talking about how to procede. Know any coders that want to build our plug-ins?
Sheez

Postby almiteycow » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:11 am

Fonjo wrote:We don't have a coder at the moment so that's not going anywhere. Sheez and I have started a bit of coding but we are green as fuck and useless right now.

So yeah, we are talking about how to procede. Know any coders that want to build our plug-ins?

In a previous life, I was approached by a couple people... poopyhat and Brickwork. Feldherren and Aculem (if you can wake him from the dead) have previously done work too. If I missed anyone, speak up and let the admins know. I ain't the only game in town though.
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Sheez » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Yup. I know there are coders out there in ouregards community. We just need to find ones that have the time and interest in this thing. Regardless of that, we've had talks about outsourcing coders for this deal, even before Moo stepped down. There is a huge package of plug ins and having Moo try to knock that out without consistent help was definitely asking too much.

Either way, we are in a pickle but it is not something we can't solve. We've thrown a few solid ideas back and forth that could speed up a S3 start date but we'll need to do some more legwork than we have been doing in the past few months. Worst case is we might have some broken ass code for the community to test for a while. And Moo has always offered to advise and observe.

I'll talk to the admins this weekend about some of my ideas and afterward I will ask the community some questions related to those ideas to see how you guys feel.

Anyhow, this is getting way off subject.

Gigyas, throw me in with B_C, Onundr and Sn0wtorch. When I log on, I'll be hanging out with them.

Yay for monasteries. Let's all keep in touch and keep things going. I love this community, despite its lack of an official server.
Sheez

Postby BrickWork » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:50 pm

Spoiler:
almiteycow wrote:
Fonjo wrote:We don't have a coder at the moment so that's not going anywhere. Sheez and I have started a bit of coding but we are green as fuck and useless right now.

In a previous life, I was approached by a couple people... poopyhat and Brickwork. Feldherren and Aculem (if you can wake him from the dead) have previously done work too. If I missed anyone, speak up and let the admins know. I ain't the only game in town though.

I went through a few tutorials for making forge mods, I don't think I really understand the server based part of a mod though. I understood the current NAW plugins up to the parts that interact with the server, then I wasn't really sure how to build the server side part of it.

I do have free time though, and probably will still have free time inbetween classes, but...

TLDR: I dunno how to server mod + I got free time

Spoiler'd the off topic.
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby almiteycow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:53 am

Spoiler:
Might want to split this into dev?

BrickWork wrote:I went through a few tutorials for making forge mods, I don't think I really understand the server based part of a mod though. I understood the current NAW plugins up to the parts that interact with the server, then I wasn't really sure how to build the server side part of it.

I do have free time though, and probably will still have free time inbetween classes, but...

TLDR: I dunno how to server mod + I got free time

All mods are server mods since they made single player run a server... in 1.6? I forget. I think you only need fancy stuff for GUI, keybindings, and packet filtering.

Keep in mind you only follow the Forge stuff. The NAW page still has some old bukkit things. Look for "import org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin;" in the top of the main class. If that's in it, it's old... In fact, see end of this post.

Feldherren's little thing adds a new item that we were binding to commands for testing, should be pretty simple: https://github.com/NationsAtWar/Magic-Wands

Mine is pretty simple and you can see that I was surprised that it just worked on the server: https://github.com/NationsAtWar/Seymour and didn't need to even be installed on the client... though it does use access transformers, and if you go down that road prepare to have your eyes bleed, sanity thrashed, and soul rendered.

These are Forge mods:
  • ToyChest
  • Palette
  • Goldfish
  • Clowns
  • Glue
  • Playground
  • Friendzone
  • Superhero
  • Babble
  • Seymour
  • Mutations
  • Magic-Wands
The rest are bukkit. :(
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Previous

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)