New Map Showcase! (Trailer and Pretty Pictures!)

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

Re: New Map Showcase! (Trailer and Pretty Pictures!)

Postby gigyas6 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 am

Krazyguy75 wrote:
Koichimaru wrote:I've been waiting for this since 2012. The map looks great, that trailer has me hyped, and I can hardly wait to dive into this world and start building things. I'm going to start refamiliarizing myself with Minecraft now. I think I chose Water way back when, so I'd best find a way to work with the new blocks found undersea...

I'm seriously excited. Between this and the localizations of Dragon Quest VII and VIII on the 3DS, 2016 is shaping up to be a fantastic year.

There isn't much in the way of water on this map, unfortunately, save for the underground lake.

But that Ocean expansion is on the horizon. Water a plenty. I see that coming Q1 2016, especially given people seemed a bit hyped about that.

Koichi, you can get whitelisted and play on this pretty much now if you want. There's a whole other stickied thread dedicated for that. No need to wait!
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Koichimaru » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:16 pm

!!!

I'll get right on that. Thank you, Gig.
The glade sat untouched by war, its sweet redolance eclipsed only by the silence. The God's surely smiled upon this place once. Before long, the chaos wrought by the Nations would turn it to desolation, naught a fraction of its present glory surviving.
Koichimaru
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Koichimaru

Postby Empirical » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:21 am

Tip:

Ein did something I thought was pretty cool when making his videos, he would let what was in front of him load and then proceed to move backwards so that everything he wanted to show would load and everything else would just unload (which is smoother than random chunks loading in). Afterwards he would play the recording in reverse so it would like he was moving forward.

Nice job though.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Postby t2wave » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:28 am

Empirical wrote:Tip:

Ein did something I thought was pretty cool when making his videos, he would let what was in front of him load and then proceed to move backwards so that everything he wanted to show would load and everything else would just unload (which is smoother than random chunks loading in). Afterwards he would play the recording in reverse so it would like he was moving forward.

Nice job though.

Yup, it's a nice trick. I've had to use it a couple times myself because of chunk loading/unloeading.
t2wave

In Game: t2wave

Postby JethroRayne » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:53 am

So, Myst, this is how far behind I am. I have no idea what textures/mods you are using, but that looks amazing. Mind sharing? :D
He who walks in the Dark is not always of the Dark.
JethroRayne
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: JethroRayne

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:49 am

JethroRayne wrote:So, Myst, this is how far behind I am. I have no idea what textures/mods you are using, but that looks amazing. Mind sharing? :D

It's just default textures with shaders installed.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Ragandar » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Where might one go on this map to procure dark oak and acacia wood? I have been looking around for it but have failed to find any so far.

-EDIT- I've just been told on the server by Jethro and Brick that these woodtypes are not available on this map. Gigyas, would there be a way for us to buy some spawned saplings from you in exchange for other materials?
F*ck Hell, I will go to Walhalla Sovngarde. \m/
Season 2:
Council member of The Teutonic Order.
Magma Hand of Hammerseat.

Season 2.5:

Tribesman of the Mavi.
Voting Council member.

Season 3:
Ragandar
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Ragandar

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:58 am

Ragandar wrote:Where might one go on this map to procure dark oak and acacia wood? I have been looking around for it but have failed to find any so far.

-EDIT- I've just been told on the server by Jethro and Brick that these woodtypes are not available on this map. Gigyas, would there be a way for us to buy some spawned saplings from you in exchange for other materials?

That is going to be a thing we can buy from the merchant and/or get as contest rewards.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 am

We could have a harvesting event where players can go to an island somewhere with those kind of trees.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Previous

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)