N@W Community Server

A forum for general discussion that is related to the unofficial community season of Nations at War.

Moderator: gigyas6

N@W Community Server

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:50 am

The server is currently shut down.

Please see this and this post for more information. The below is merely here for archival purposes.

Someone suggested info on this get it's own thread, and so it is.

Server IP:

ggnaw.mcnode.net

We're currently on public version 1.8.8, with a max of 30 players at a time.

It is a whitelist server. If you are not already whitelisted and wish to be so, please post in this thread or the original thread. Yes, that means members not currently part of the community who can't post can't join.
If we wish for it to be so, I can also extend whitelisting to close friends of current whitelisted members.
However, I personally believe it is imperative to keep to the spirit of the original server - people who were voted in were voted in based on how best they could fit our current community, not just because they were a nice person (although that certainly helps). I also believe owning and holding the server as a community-based thing will give it more longevity than when we go onto other servers with established communities that we don't fit into. If there's enough people who join who don't fit into the community, then all of the sudden we've created a community that we don't fit into. That being said, I will sway on this opinion if other folks disagree - it's our server. There are certainly good reasons to seek members outside our now relatively small gated community - this is just my opinion.

Additionally, some of you folks seem interested in chipping in here and there, and so I set up a Patreon for that.
You can find it here: https://www.patreon.com/NAW
Please don't feel obligated to donate. I like you all the same.

Alrighty. All the official intro stuff's taken care of. Let's move onto actual server events themselves.

-As of now, there is currently a Lore Writing Contest in the works.See here for more info.

Anyway, I think that's about it. I'm not terribly use to doing this sort of thing, and honestly, I'm just kinda the guy keeping the lights on - but I'd really like to incite more interest and active participation so that this doesn't just become another thing that falls to the wayside.
Don't be afraid to share an idea - even if you don't think it's well thought out yet. The time to act is now, as this is how we seize control of a server again as we wait for Season 3.
Last edited by gigyas6 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: N@W Community Server

Postby charmisokay » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:37 am

I'm completely fine with keeping the server NAW-only, since that was the original intention.
So far, I don't see why the server would need any enhancements - I live in GMT+1 and I have perfect connection, so the members we have from oceania and further east might have some issues, but it should not be that bad. It'd be nice to just keep a payment buffer in case something happens.

Also, since we're setting up a new map, will builds or resources be ported over to the new map once it's made?

ALSO ALSO; Here's another in game goal. Locate a nether fortress. There's a nether portal in the desert (to the north-west, I believe.) Reward: 1 x enchanted book of sharpness III. If more people partake in the search I will add something else to the prize.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby _myst_ » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:20 am

Hey guys, just giving an update, I've got the basic map design hashed out in my head, I'm presently World-Paintering it into being. It'll go through a few private iterations while I play with resource distribution and some other stuff, then I'll post a new thread with a little trailer to show it off. It'll primarily be mountainous terrain, with some smaller biomes added in where fitting, I can add structures (ruins, etc) but that will take a bit more time. Stay tuned! :dance:

EDIT: Final map size has been set to a 2500-block diameter circle, and will have six different biomes.
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:48 am

So currently looking into Towny for plot protection, nations, and some other functions, while potentially looking at Herochat for chat (although Towny seems to have some chat functions).

Towny would more-or-less cover at least half the things we're looking for - it's also compatible with iconomy in case we don't want to use a physical currency.

In fact it covers so many features that are so desireable that the only reason I haven't already installed it is that it sounds too good to be true. I'll be giving it some further look-over in the documentation and raw files to see how bulky it is and any potential issues running it. If it does what we're after, though, we'll have the ball rolling more quickly than I thought.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:52 am

You might have to give up your soul to get towny, but I'd say it's a worthy trade.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Rvanbergen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:09 am

I-is it true? Is NaW finally, FINALLY coming back?! YES! :dance:

And yes, I know this is "only a user created map," but it's better than nothing, and nothing is what we had for the last years.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby almiteycow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Stickied this. Might want to make a separate post for people wanting to get whitelisted...
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Server down for maintenance.

If maintenance does not complete by 1:30 pm PST (pretty much an hour after this post is up), Server will be turned back on and maintenance will continue later tonight.

Currently implementing Towny, so that we can test and experiment with it on the current world.

Edit: Maintenance finished for now. Towny implemented, but economy is not. Appear to have some bugs. Gonna need to configure some more later.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 pm

After so long, I'd be interested in spending what time I can on here to keep up with the community a little bit at least haha :)

My in-game name is "CaptainBRaff"

I'm excited to see something happening that is sparking some activity!!
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

Postby gigyas6 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:11 am

Whitelist updated. Sorry for the delay.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Next

Return to Hiatus at War (Unofficial Season)