Star Citizen?

Discuss other games you're currently playing.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Star Citizen?

Postby _myst_ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:31 pm

So, I know we had a thread for this A LONG time ago when this was still just an infant of a game and not the Hell-Spawn of crowd-funding that it' grown into today, but has anybody put down cash for Star citizen ships and whatnot, and would y'all be interested in starting an Organization in case this thing ever actually gets released?
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Star Citizen?

Postby cgeyl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:11 am

When it first started being talked about I was kerbaling the fuck out of a space program, I thought it was something I'd definitely get into when it came out. But now I'm kinda over space simulators for now, and what star citizen is now is nothing like the game I was looking forward to in 2011 or whenever.

That being said I'd be happy to get into any game where fun people are.
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby dragonshardz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 am

Overhyped as fuck, over-the-moon design/scope bloat. Will never be as good as people want it to be.
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

Postby _myst_ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:17 am

dragonshardz wrote:Overhyped as fuck, over-the-moon design/scope bloat. Will never be as good as people want it to be.

Alright so that's a "No" from shardz . . .
_myst_

Postby BrickWork » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Bumping this thread up a it.

So I bought this game 2 years ago, and I didn't expect much. I've never preordered anything before, and jumping on the Star Citizen bandwagon, I bought the cheapest package (which is still a hefty $30). I followed it for a bit and then stopped. What got me back into following it again, was the new stuff they unvieled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehITxsK4Fs

This stuff is a bit old at this point, but the game is shaping up into something. I'm thinking there's still 3 years of development until they have the whole thing ready, most likely 4 if they release the game with all features. They already hit the 1 million user mark, and are really close to 100 million in funds.

If enough people jump on this, we could get some form of NAW corp going. It's still a long time until the game is released, but you can make corporations now. Plus you get rewards the longer you have an account.

Anyways, on another topic, what else did they add? A REFFERAL PROGRAM.
So now I'm not going to even hide it. Just buy this game (if you want to, of course), use this code (STAR-ZSKN-44J9) and make me rich with really awesome and cool free stuff. That is all. Thank you.
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby charmisokay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 am

The game looks cool, but I wont buy it until it closer to release. I'll make sure to refer you when (or if) that time comes :)
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby BrickWork » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:28 pm

charmisokay wrote:The game looks cool, but I wont buy it until it closer to release. I'll make sure to refer you when (or if) that time comes :)

Yesssss, give me all the refferals!

You can always make an account now with the refferal code and buy the game later if you want to. I'm not exactly sure, but I think you get free stuff the longer you have an account.
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork

Postby _myst_ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 am

BrickWork wrote:
charmisokay wrote:The game looks cool, but I wont buy it until it closer to release. I'll make sure to refer you when (or if) that time comes :)

Yesssss, give me all the refferals!

You can always make an account now with the referral code and buy the game later if you want to. I'm not exactly sure, but I think you get free stuff the longer you have an account.

Hey there Brick, nice to see someone else from around these parts who follows the project! I myself am quite heavily interested in Star Citizen's development, what with the new information from Citizencon and the casting announcements for the single player campaign, Squadron 42. I myself pledged $70 to the project and got a nice luxury fighter (the Origin 325a) as a result. I also bought a cheap package for a friend, but my fleet's crown jewel is a Retaliator Heavy Bomber, which I won from a giveaway in the aftermath of Star Citizen's Gamescom presentation. It's a damn nice ship, but takes many people to crew it fully. I've been recruiting my friends to server as galley-slaves/turret gunners, but if anyone from N@W is still interested in Star Citizen they're more than welcome to come aboard and serve once the multi-crew mechanics are integrated (supposedly fairly soon, accoriding to the devs).
_myst_