Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:27 am

Spoiler:
Mainly started this thread due to the astounding amount of nothing currently happening in Chronicles of Conflict. It'll be one of those threads featuring a single protagonist, where you get to decide what they do. There may be other characters to take control of later on, but that really depends on a lot of things. The setting is the familiar world of S2, with some names and details changed arbitrarily for the sake of immersion.


---The Exile---


The boat's stopped moving. At least, that's the first thing you've noticed now that you've woken up. The second detail to come to your attention is an auditory one. It takes some time to recognize the sound, or rather the full mix of it. It's a mixture of seagull cries, bells, and someone yelling.

It seems you may have finally arrived in Stormhaven, against all odds. Climbing out of your bed, you take a look out of the closest excuse for a window they have in this hold. There's water, as there always has been, but you also see the underside of some wooden structure you assume to be a dock. As you emerge out onto the deck, the yelling begins to sound like actual words, belonging to the semi-familiar voice of the captain.

"...your arse off the boat already! I swear, if any of you stay here for 5 more minutes, I'll..."

Today, he seemed fairly bitter and resentful, as he usually did. Presumably because for this boat, the captain's quarters had been done away with to make more room for passengers. There was already a small crowd forming, about to leave, though the captain's yelling had done little to change their rather sluggish pace. You get off the boat, and are free to roam for the first time in months.

For a moment, the sheer unfamiliarity of the city shocks you. You start to wonder how your life managed to lead you to this place. At that moment, you go back through your memories, as if to verify that there is a logical reason for your presence here.

Oh, yes. You remember quite clearly now. You were a loyal member of the kingdom of Thevarse. You were a noble, and had enjoyed your life quite thoroughly. That is, until the king was assassinated. Your best friend framed you for the murder, and, being unable to prove otherwise, you had a choice between a self-imposed exile or execution. You left most of your belongings behind, and set for the nearest port town. Once you had arrived, you asked around for a ship headed to anywhere incredibly far away. You were directed to that very boat, and after a grueling 5-month long voyage, arrived here.

Despite being located at the very edge of civilization, Stormhaven was clearly a well-established city. The ground consisted almost entirely of cobblestone, any side of it not bordered by the ocean was covered with a well-defended wall, and clean, elegant wooden buildings were strewn neatly about. The first building you come across is labeled STORMHAVEN PORT AUTHORITY, and next to it lies a notice: ALL NEWCOMERS MUST REGISTER. The notice reluctantly convinces you to enter this building first.

You notice another long line. Great. Your mind drifts off for a few minutes, but it seems these guys are very efficient. By the time you start paying attention, it's already your turn.

"Name?" inquires the man at the desk.

"...what? Oh. Gareth Kassarus."

"Age?"

"27."

"Race?"

"Huh?"

"What's your race? Human, dwarven, orcish, etc..."

"Ah. Human." You forgot for a moment that you were no longer in human-only territory.

"Permanent or temporary residence?

"Temporary." Right after saying that, you realize you haven't really decided on that sort of thing. Looks like you won't want to be staying here for long.

The bureaucrat takes a couple moments to write all of that down. His face soon looks back up to you.

"Alright, there's a map right outside this building. Enjoy your stay."

And with that, you leave. You look around for a bit, and manage to find the map. Several people have gathered around it, and after some struggling, you make your way into the midst of the crowd. It seems the city consists of 4 main districts. Where do you want to go?

> DOCKS

> RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (Houses, Inn, Blacksmith, etc.)

> BUSINESS DISTRICT (Tavern, Butcher, Church, etc.)

> MARKET DISTRICT (Random Shops)

> LEAVE STORMHAVEN
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am
In Game: ThatShadowGuy
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby charmisokay » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:30 am

Let's go to the
> RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (Houses, Inn, Blacksmith, etc.)

Perhaps find an odd job or some rumors.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
User avatar
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: The Great Danish Kingdom-
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby BrickWork » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm

charmisokay wrote:Let's go to the
> RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (Houses, Inn, Blacksmith, etc.)

Perhaps find an odd job or some rumors.

That would be the
> BUSINESS DISTRICT
With the tavern in it. (I vote business)
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
User avatar
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Eastern Canada, Border region
In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:15 am

Spoiler:
Sorry, BrickWork, first command is the one followed here. Should've clarified that earlier, but oh well.


---The Exile---


> RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT

This particular section of the city isn't at all far away, and in fact is pretty much right next to the building you just left. According to the map, this district lies roughly in the center of Stormhaven. You immediately notice an intricate circular pattern on the ground, leading to a well in the middle. Said well appears to be very deep and hard to escape, should you fall in. As seems to be normal for this city, there's a crowd, but not an excessively suffocating one. The sun is almost directly upwards, meaning the time is about noon. Looking around, you see a blacksmith, an inn, a few houses, and what appears to be some sort of bank.

The building closest to you is helpfully labeled 'The Golden Anvil', as if it were hard to figure out what it was precisely from the forge, furnaces, and crude-looking anvil alone. A young man, looking no older than 15, is currently manning the station, struggling somewhat thanks to their scrawny physique. Inside, you see a much older man behind a counter, currently busy with what you assume to be his customers. Neither seem very willing to talk with you right now, so you move on to other sights.

By far the largest building around is 'THE SALTWATER INN', easily standing at least 3 stories tall. The crowd is very thick here, most no doubt trying to see if they can rent a room. Walking in, you see several groups of about 10-12 people that almost resemble small tribes. Some appear to be eager to talk with others, as if trying to advertise themselves and recruit more into their ranks. Hesitant to interact with others for the time being, you leave and take more time to look around.

There are a few houses here, although not as many as you would expect considering the population. They are fairly identical, and mostly empty. The few inhabitants still present don't seem to appreciate your presence, so you move on.

Lastly, there is the curious building labeled 'THE SEAFARER'S GUILD'. At least, that's one of the labels. At the far right, you see another entrance labeled 'SEAFARER'S GUILD BANK'. The bank seems to have quite a line formed. You approach a gentleman at the end of this line. He has a rather pleasant demeanor, which would either indicate a blissful ignorance to how long he'll end up waiting or a patient acceptance of it.

"What's all of this about?"

"Ah. Well, you see, the currency I arrived here with turns out not to be in use around these parts. These fine people are perfectly willing to convert my money into their own, as it turns out! How convenient!"

Oh, dear. You didn't consider this upon your arrival.

"Oh? And what currency IS common around here?"

"Gold! And silver, and bronze. Rather simple, really: 12 bronze pieces make a silver, and 5 silver pieces make a gold one."

"I see." It is rather convenient that you just happened to stumble upon the one person in Stormhaven willing to explain this sort of thing to random strangers.

What isn't convenient is that the money you arrived here with... is different. You sigh and submit yourself to another long session of waiting. Half an hour of standing in bright sunlight and overwhelming boredom passes, and you end up inside. You still have to wait, but the remaining 20 minutes or so is much more bearable. All the while, the gentleman's smile never fades. He really must have the patience of a saint. Finally, the gentleman leaves with his money, and it's your turn for the process.

"Hello, and welcome to the Seafarer's Guild. How may I help you?" The middle-aged woman greeted you with false enthusiasm.

"Uh, yes, I believe I need to exchange this currency?"

"Oh, right. Another one of those. Type and amount?"

"78 pence."

"At least I've heard of it before. Wait a minute here."

The woman retreats to another room, and after a few moments returns with a small sheet and a rather large sack, only to place 7 golden coins and 4 silver ones on the counter. In return, you empty your small pouch.

"There ya go. Next!"

You take the coins and leave, glad to finally be free after almost an hour. Not only that, you're now properly equipped to start buying stuff. Now what?

> TALK TO BLACKSMITH

> TALK WITH INN GUESTS

> VISIT DOCKS

> VISIT BUSINESS DISTRICT

> VISIT MARKET DISTRICT

> LEAVE STORMHAVEN

> DROWN IN WELL
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am
In Game: ThatShadowGuy
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby zipzap171 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Talk with Inn guests, get some info about the area.
User avatar
zipzap171
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am
In Game: zipzap171
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby Changamer1000 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 am

.
Last edited by Changamer1000 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Changamer1000
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm
In Game: Changamer1000
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby charmisokay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 am

Thirdeded.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
User avatar
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: The Great Danish Kingdom-
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: Season 2: The Movie: The Game: The Novel: The RP Thread

Postby BrickWork » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 pm

- DROWN IN WELL
>:
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
User avatar
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Eastern Canada, Border region
In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing


Return to Chronicles of Conflict

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests