The Drunk 'n' Passed On

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: The Drunk 'n' Passed On

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:44 pm

The young man quickly inspects the two customers arriving shortly after him, and deems them both unfamiliar. The elf's clothes, though... no. Never mind.

However, this train of thought was interrupted when Mick served him his wine. Satisfied that his order was fulfilled, the man starts drinking. His thoughts slow slightly and his expression relaxes somewhat, but he seems otherwise unaffected by the alcohol.

Hearing Mick's prompt, the man takes a moment to collect his thoughts. The question seems to have provoked unpleasant memories, but he nonetheless joins the discussion. "That's probably because not too long ago, a force of darkness corrupted the world, forcing everyone to flee to the Hollows or die. It seems quite a few went with the latter." After this statement, there is a slight pause.

"I lived to see that, but not much longer," he adds, with notable bitterness in his voice. "Speaking of which, I'm new to this whole 'being dead' thing. Is there still an economy in... here? Do drinks still cost money and whatnot?"
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: ThatShadowGuy
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Lance1TK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:32 pm

The man took his drink, and downed it in a single swift motion, replacing the empty mug where it had sat moments before. The sweet taste of apples reminded him of the forests of his youth, and the alcohol didn't exactly hurt the memory.

He rubbed his furrowed brow, kind smile replaced with a frown. "You were lucky to make it that far. Some of us didn't survive the fools looking to make a profit on a disaster. Cowards. The lot of them." He looked to the man with the wine, looking him over with his sharp blue eyes." In a single moment, I went from helping women and children evacuate to being face down on the cobblestones, bleeding. A dagger square in my back."
Elven and proud.

Season 2.5: Workman of Garrodum [Forman: The Sea Floor Dig]
Lance1TK
Workman of Garrodum

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 pm

A man dressed in shiny black armor walks in, stops in the center of the room, and smiles somewhat malevolently at the surroundings. His cape flutters behind him, revealing itself to be less of a cape, and more of a set of interconnected diamond shape objects vaguely reminiscent of scales, composed of a similar material to his armor, with a split down the center allowing it to part around him as he walks. His black hair moves as if affected by a breeze that isn't present.

He moves towards the bar, and in one smooth movement, a black coin appears in his hand as if from thin air, apparently made of the same material as his armor and cape. Deftly, and somewhat subconsciously, as one who had repeated the action a thousand times before and expects to repeat it thousands of more times, he begins to weave it between his fingers and spin it around his hand. Watchers can see an elaborate neon green pattern engraved in the surface of the coin.

In a fluid, sudden movement, he slams the edge of the coin into the counter with a sharp slap, it's edge biting into the wood of the counter.
"Whatever's most expensive. I feel in a good mood. Tradings been good recently."

His brilliant neon green eyes survey the room, taking in all the objects and the patrons both, as if they were both nothing but merchandise. He smiles faintly, then flips the edge of his cape back, and the two sets of scales connect, forming a single cape, which subtly changes so that the scales are less apparent.

He looks back, at Mick and , and says
"Oh, sorry, were you having a conversation? How rude of me. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Cecil. I'm was a trader of rare and valuable goods in life, and still kept with business in death." This statement is accompanied by another sweeping glance and a ominous half smile.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Mick nods towards the wine drinker, as his demeanor drops a bit.
"Good timing for your question. Most alcoholic drinks don't cost squat - out here, a lot of the demons and angels supply me with enough alcohol for a few months every few months free of charge."
He pauses, turning his back to get a bottle.
"However... There are still a couple-a things that folks consider 'valuable'."
Turning back around, he pulls out a VERY small shot-glass and opens the bottle, pouring into it what looks like something slug-like and glowing a faint, whispy blue into the glass. After it's full (a feat that takes no time at all), he recaps the bottle and replaces it.
"Concentrated mana. Something impossible to get on the physical plane."
He makes of motion of sliding the glass over and the coin back. He then moves his hand directly over the crack -as if grabbing something quickly - making it seemingly disappear. Mick tries to meet the armored man in eye-contact.
"Drink it slowly."
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Cecil smiles as if surprised, and this time it carries more emotions. He glances at the bottle, then back at Mick, whose gaze he holds for a second longer than normally comfortable. He takes a short sip, whereupon he seems to mull over the taste a bit. After a bit, he looks grudgingly suprised. He demeanor visibly shifts, becoming more outwardly friendly. "Concentrated mana, you say? Isn't this stuff rather rare?"

He then puts his eyes on the coin. "Watch after that coin. It's both currency and a focus for divine magic. Got it off an powerful entity as thanks for a favor. Don't rightly know who they were. Took it to a Angel to determine any ill effects, he said that it was exactly what the person said, so they can't have been that evil. The only problem is if a deity is pissed at you, but then you've got more things to worry about than a nearby energy node." He takes another sip of his drink. "And thanks for the drink." He smiles.
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 am

The man drinks some more of their cup, and eventually responds. "I can relate. A week after all that happened, just as most were settling down and adjusting to cavern life, those Riptide bastards decided to attempt a raid on our village. I was one of their first kills. Seems that even when people are struggling to survive, we can't resist acting like shit towards each other. Name's Sam, by the way. Nice to meet you." Sam relaxes, his resentment lessened somewhat after having shared his grievances.

That was when Cecil entered. Sam couldn't help but be impressed initially by the dramatic entrance, but tried not to let it show. This soon wore off, as he sensed a subtle aura of arrogance. I've seen those types before. More interested in proving their own superiority and success than having a decent conversation. This impression was only reinforced by their demands for the most expensive drink, and their... odd means of payment. At least he isn't faking it. Sam decided to keep to himself; the last thing he wanted was an argument, especially with someone as apparently powerful as Cecil.

Sam breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing most drinks were free, and continued drinking his wine.
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: ThatShadowGuy

Postby gigyas6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 am

Replying to the armored man's comment on the Mana (though after his coin speech) "You're not the only one out here getting favors."

Spoiler:
Add a bit of spice...

Suddenly, large clunking can be heard at the front. A man walks in, stomping his feet with every step. His whole body is shaking, as if with excitement - or perhaps discomfort - and he seems tense. He wears a large, navy looking coat, and the coat arms along with his bare hands are dripping with a bright, solid gold-colored liquid, looking drenched. Looking at his face, it narrows with harsh edges, pointed ears jutting out - but not elven, strangely enough - pupils and iris shrunken as if focusing on something very intensely, and his mouth wields a wide, almost pointed rictus grin. His posture is a fully straight one; only his legs break his statue like appearance, with his arms gently swaying near rhythmically with his footsteps, leaking the gold substance every which-a-way. All movements seems to cease when he reaches the bar. He simply stares ahead.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Danelli » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 am

A short, stocky female dwarf gingerly waddles into the bar.

Without even so much as a glance to anyone else in the room, she takes a chair at the far end. The dwarfette then yawns, strokes her brunette whiskers once or twice, and waits patiently for the bartender to get her a mug of ale.
Dear Family,
Thanks for putting empty boxes back in the cabinet. There's nothing like having disappointment for breakfast.
Danelli
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: EST
In Game: Danelli

Postby Lance1TK » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am

"What a wretched world we left behind." He took a long pause as he let that sink in. Left behind? No. Thrown out of is more like it. His train of thought was interrupted when a rather extravagantly dressed man came in. The man's attitude and posturing earned a sneer of disapproval from the elf. He watched as he boasted of his time during life, and of his time after. Silently he judged the merchant.

Disapproval still on his face he returned to his conversation with Sam. "Well met Sam. My name is Lance Sal'katune. Perhaps, we the murdered, may make a name for ourselves even in the afterlife?" He was about to give his fellow man a pat on the back when a disturbing new character made his presence known. "Hold that thought."

Lance stood, and shuffled over to the odd man. He was going to tap the man on the shoulder but resolved that doing such a thing might prove to be unwise. Whatever that liquid was, It could not be good. "Ser, are you alright? You... don't look so well."
Elven and proud.

Season 2.5: Workman of Garrodum [Forman: The Sea Floor Dig]
Lance1TK
Workman of Garrodum

Postby Krazyguy75 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:01 am

Cecil, taking this distraction as an opportunity to slip out of public view, moves over to a corner table, and sits at it. He watches the disruption with minor interest while slowly drinking his drink. He mutters to himself amusedly, "This sure is the most interesting bar I've been to in the afterlife. I may yet..." he trails off and chuckles.
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

PreviousNext

Return to Chronicles of Conflict