The Drunk 'n' Passed On

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

The Drunk 'n' Passed On

Postby gigyas6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:43 am

Welcome to Gen 3 of the Drunken Crusade role-playing thread!
Thought I'd start up a new one because Gen 2 is long dead by now.
This is a direct sequel to Gen 1, a dead thread I made back in the day which you can no longer view :c (actually, if an admin has that on archive, can I get my hands on that?)
Speaking of dead, this take's place in a Shinto-like afterlife of N@W, where inns and stuff are possible and make sense. That being said, although this is N@W, unless otherwise stated by an admin, no new developments are to be taken as cannon N@W Lore.
Basic rules:
-Control only your own character(s)
-Control only your own character(s). We have no tolerance for failure to comply with this.
-Make clear that out of character is out of character, either by spoiler or "OOC:"
-This take's place in the N@W universe. No guns and stuff.
-Enjoy yourself.

If there's a two-party action that requires 3rd-party intervention, I'll intervene to resolve. Other than that, I'll try to be hands off.

Welp. You're dead.
Or maybe never lived - or perhaps are very magical. Or escaped the hells...?
Whatever the case, you've made it to the doors of the Drunk 'n' Passed On in the higher plane of the afterlife.
You walk into the homey-inn and see the bartender - a man looking to be in his late 40s-early 50s despite being dead, wearing an apron, a strange (cowboy) hat, and a full mustache goatee. This man is known as Mick Auldran. He's attending to a glass behind the bar and seems to be chuckling at something a rather younger (10? 20 years?) looking woman has said to him also behind the bar.

Without looking up, as if sensing you walk in, he gives out a call in his rough, warm voice "What'll you have, stranger?"
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: The Drunk 'n' Passed On

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 am

A young man takes a seat at the bar, looking to be in their early 20s. Their clothes are somewhat dirty and torn, and their expression fairly dour.

In a pessimistic tone, he asks: "I would hope a cup of wine wouldn't be too much to ask for?"
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: ThatShadowGuy

Postby charmisokay » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:38 am

A man quickly follows the lead of the man just before him and takes seat near te bar.
He is dressed in heavy robes, but there is a big oval shredded hole right at the center of his chestpiece, it reveals the skin under his clothes.

"Ugh.. sore neck..
Yeah, I would like a good mug of rum."
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Rvanbergen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 am

Spoiler:
You stole my idea! :mad:

But, seriously, this is a shame. I did actually have an idea for a thread very much like this one all the way back when I was in the visitor's center. I had it all worked out and stuff too! It dealt with being dead (though in as slightly different manner than yours seems to do) and even had this fancy anti-stall mechanic build in! I was just holding onto it until S3 started; now it seems you've beaten me to it.

I'll probably join this at some point. For now, I have to go sulk in a corner for a while. :(
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby BlackholeNW » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Spoiler:
The legacy lives on! I might put a character in for this, but I don't think I can use my old one (at least straight away) due to the fact that he escaped prior to the apocalypse. (Actually, "You are now..." is technically also a direct sequel to the Drunken Crusade V1. Which isn't something I'd considered before but I'm looking at my timeline here and, yup.)
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: BlackholeMC

Postby charmisokay » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Spoiler:
Rvan I remember you talking about this, so I thought you two worked together :P
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby gigyas6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Spoiler:
Sorry, Rvan. Had no idea this was a thing you were doing - this is supposed to pick up on the old Drunken Crusade thread from a long time ago with Mick. But since Mick and all of the other past patrons are dead, this seemed like the only possible way to do that. Not trying to steal your thunder :c
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Rvanbergen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 pm

gigyas6 wrote:
Spoiler:
Sorry, Rvan. Had no idea this was a thing you were doing - this is supposed to pick up on the old Drunken Crusade thread from a long time ago with Mick. But since Mick and all of the other past patrons are dead, this seemed like the only possible way to do that. Not trying to steal your thunder :c

Spoiler:
It's okay. Maybe if this thread dies before season 3, I'll still get my chance... ;)
I'm kidding, of course.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby Lance1TK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:12 am

A tall blonde fellow shuffles in, in his late twenties and obviously of elvish descendent. A dark torn green cape flutters behind him as he moves to take a seat the bar. He let out a deep sigh and looked at the barkeep "A nice large mug of Cider if it is not to much trouble." A moment passes before he looks over at the other patrons at the bar, giving them a small smile.
Elven and proud.

Season 2.5: Workman of Garrodum [Forman: The Sea Floor Dig]
Lance1TK
Workman of Garrodum

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 am

Mick, with a seemingly single motion, lays out proper cups for each of the men, and pours the spirits some spirits.
"Don't worry about refills. We've got a lot of supplies at the moment." He gives a teasing grin, for a moment.

After a few moments pass, Mick tries engaging small talk. "Lotta souls comin' by recently. Almost as much the... Well, you probably know. Anything you boys know about?"
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Next

Return to Chronicles of Conflict