The Truth About These 'Gods'

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

The Truth About These 'Gods'

Postby Ring127 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 am

I have lived a long life, an unnatural life, and in that time, I have gained considerable wisdom. Through this wisdom I have come to an understanding. You all are deceived. These deities you worship are no more God's than shepherds or wolf are to sheep. That is all you are, being tricked into safety and comfort by these being's promises. If they truly cared about you, why would these gods want you to spill the blood of your brothers and sisters, destroy the progress and peace that your forefathers spent so much time to create? These gods see you as TOOLS to further their whims, they care not of you!

This is why I say to you all, defy these demons, these wraiths! Do not let their siren calls entice you any further! There is still time to save yourselves and our world! The great disaster that locked us into this pit is the result of these demons and of those who chose to walk down their path all those ages ago! DO not let history repeat itself! Become something more than a tool for those who view you as ants. Become the thing that can stop it!
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Timezone: GMT-6(-5 during DST)
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: The Truth About These 'Gods'

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 am

Ring127 wrote:I have lived a long life, an unnatural life, and in that time, I have gained considerable wisdom. Through this wisdom I have come to an understanding. You all are deceived. These deities you worship are no more God's than shepherds or wolf are to sheep. That is all you are, being tricked into safety and comfort by these being's promises. If they truly cared about you, why would these gods want you to spill the blood of your brothers and sisters, destroy the progress and peace that your forefathers spent so much time to create? These gods see you as TOOLS to further their whims, they care not of you!

This is why I say to you all, defy these demons, these wraiths! Do not let their siren calls entice you any further! There is still time to save yourselves and our world! The great disaster that locked us into this pit is the result of these demons and of those who chose to walk down their path all those ages ago! DO not let history repeat itself! Become something more than a tool for those who view you as ants. Become the thing that can stop it!

Look. Examine the foolishness of mankind, foolishly believing his superiority. He doesn't even understand how the world works. There is no peace, just a moment between wars.

Now, human: You say that gods are to sheep as these are to shepherds or wolves? Shepherds lead sheep. Wolves devour sheep. You just called them leaders of gods and godslayers.

Those don't sound like very good insults to me.

The gods seek to use us as tools, yes. But, like any good craftsman, they have pride in their tools. They use us to make our world a better place for us. Think of the gods as competing shops. We are their tools to make the products. But, without us, the products would never get made. These products are used to help us, and as such, sharpen their tools, so that they can make better products, that help us to help them more. Yes, we are not as powerful as them. That is why they are called gods! You may fear power. However, smart beings use power to get more, which is the deal that the gods offer. Are you a smart being?

If you still do not see the truth in this, then you are lost. We will be forced to hunt you to the ends of the earth. I would prefer you be our friend in night. We would help you, protect you, and honor you. Please, we do not want to kill you, but those who refuse to listen are not to be respected. The stubborn must be punished, and those who do not see the futility in spurning gods are fools. A stubborn fool has no chance. I do not think you are a fool. Join the night, and let go of your stubbornness.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Ring127 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm

No, you don't understand! To these demons, we are but sheep to be lead to the slaughter by the god of our choice, while the rest are just as thirsty for our blood. What good could come from this? At least in the old days, man fought for the principle of man, not those who would lead us to our demise!

Is a tool self sufficient? Does a tool have emotions and self awareness? No! We are not tools, and should not let these demons keep us down. I beg of you all, break free of this indroctrination, free yoursleves!
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Postby charmisokay » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:38 pm

This is heresy! The truly devout will not listen to this, and everyone with a bit of self respect will not follow the words of this madman! The gods have their reasons, and they granted us everything.
They might do as we have always done, fighting for power, but that doesn't make them evil manipulators!
I am not your overlord, and not your master, people of the world, but listen to my advice, do not believe this man. Look into yourself, and even if we do not follow the same god, I respect you more than this heretic.
Last edited by charmisokay on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Ring127 wrote:No, you don't understand! To these demons, we are but sheep to be lead to the slaughter by the god of our choice, while the rest are just as thirsty for our blood. What good could come from this? At least in the old days, man fought for the principle of man, not those who would lead us to our demise!

Is a tool self sufficient? Does a tool have emotions and self awareness? No! We are not tools, and should not let these demons keep us down. I beg of you all, break free of this indroctrination, free yoursleves!

I am a golem. Don't you dare to speak to me as if I don't know what being a tool is. You humans made me, enslaved me, and forced me to do your will. My goddess freed me and helped me to do good. You have no idea what being a tool is. I know both sides of being a tool. Only a bad craftsman abuses their tools.

You are not to be led to the slaughter, no. That would be stupid. The gods are not stupid. You will help them in whatever way is best for both of them. You don't use a hammer to chop down trees and an axe to beat nails into place. Tools should be used to do whatever they are best at. You will only die if you disobey the gods. Otherwise, you will serve however they feel is best.

You think of it as a loss of freedom. I urge you to think of it as a job. They will house you, protect you, and give you resources. That is more than most employers would do. You just have to work for them in whatever area you're best at. If you are a good diplomat, you can be a good diplomat for the Night Goddess. If you are a great fighter, you can fight her enemies. We will find a niche for everyone to fit in.

When you turn your back on the gods, you have betrayed the world. You are still on the edge. Don't fall into the darkness. Please...
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby BlackholeNW » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm

It is always good practice to be wary of the Gods. Their true motivations are murky as best. As such, I merely respect their position and regard them as allies.

They are not my Gods after all.
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: BlackholeMC

Postby Ring127 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:I am a golem. Don't you dare to speak to me as if I don't know what being a tool is. You humans made me, enslaved me, and forced me to do your will. My goddess freed me and helped me to do good. You have no idea what being a tool is. I know both sides of being a tool. Only a bad craftsman abuses their tools.

You are not to be led to the slaughter, no. That would be stupid. The gods are not stupid. You will help them in whatever way is best for both of them. You don't use a hammer to chop down trees and an axe to beat nails into place. Tools should be used to do whatever they are best at. You will only die if you disobey the gods. Otherwise, you will serve however they feel is best.

You think of it as a loss of freedom. I urge you to think of it as a job. They will house you, protect you, and give you resources. That is more than most employers would do. You just have to work for them in whatever area you're best at. If you are a good diplomat, you can be a good diplomat for the Night Goddess. If you are a great fighter, you can fight her enemies. We will find a niche for everyone to fit in.

When you turn your back on the gods, you have betrayed the world. You are still on the edge. Don't fall into the darkness. Please...

You speak of humans as if we are all guilty for the sins of one, do not let your bias against your creator cloud your view! Your goddess may have freed you from the life of slavery to a human, but your one set of shackles have just been replaced by the ones your succubus to desires. Please my friend, do not think of these demons that endlessly wage war and seek destruction as good people, they were the cause of the cataclysm that forced us underground (ooc: To the best of my knowledge this is true, as the one lore post said everyone took refuge as the god's took their fury out on the land, and then they called to us, or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can get my lore straight.). Why would you help someone that brought about the death of so many people?
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Postby charmisokay » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:38 pm

How do you know the gods did that? And even if they did, how do you know that it wasn't for the better? What if the world was corrupt? Perhaps they tried to restore a more pure world?
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby orionic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Spoiler:
Ring127 wrote: (ooc: To the best of my knowledge this is true, as the one lore post said everyone took refuge as the god's took their fury out on the land, and then they called to us, or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can get my lore straight.). Why would you help someone that brought about the death of so many people?

it may have said so in the lore post, but the people we play right now dont have a clue what is going on or how we got here. If we were to believe anything, it is that The Empire drove us in using whatever demonic power they could use from the Void. but as far as i know history hasnt been preserved in books very well. probably because reeds dont grow in dark, damp places like the hollows.

Ah, so much fury in your hearts already. We can all feel it. Their voices are seeping in, trough the thick dirt walls of this cave, through our skin and skull, directly into their brain. We all hear them, we all feel them.
They speak of a better future, free from this cursed cave of dirt and spiders, a place of warmth, a place of the gods.
we do not choose them, they choose us. It saddens me that none of the gods had interest in you. Maybe you have lived too long, maybe you have no place in the god`s future.
whatever their reason, they decided not to bring you their enlightment. They do not see what they seek in you, no passion for them, no inner fire. But we can, and we believe them. so think twice before you make accusations of our gods, and call them demons, for mine tells me, you are the real demon here.
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby Ring127 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 am

orionic wrote:Ah, so much fury in your hearts already. We can all feel it. Their voices are seeping in, trough the thick dirt walls of this cave, through our skin and skull, directly into their brain. We all hear them, we all feel them.
They speak of a better future, free from this cursed cave of dirt and spiders, a place of warmth, a place of the gods.
we do not choose them, they choose us. It saddens me that none of the gods had interest in you. Maybe you have lived too long, maybe you have no place in the god`s future.
whatever their reason, they decided not to bring you their enlightment. They do not see what they seek in you, no passion for them, no inner fire. But we can, and we believe them. so think twice before you make accusations of our gods, and call them demons, for mine tells me, you are the real demon here.

Oh, you sad fool, already indoctrinated. I have heard the siren's call, but I am no fool. I know the hidden malice behind their sweet melodies, the hidden agendas behind their oh so promising visions for your future. I urge you to forsake them, before it is to late, before we are forced underground once again or worse, wiped from this world.
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Next

Return to Chronicles of Conflict