The Truth About These 'Gods'

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: The Truth About These 'Gods'

Postby Ring127 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm

When the world is a husk, devoid of all that is good because of these deities of yours, it will not be I that shall shoulder the blame. We've seen what creatures of their power can do just by looking at our surroundings. No simple sentient put us in this position.
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Timezone: GMT-6(-5 during DST)
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Alcarnus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:51 am

Ring127 wrote:When the world is a husk, devoid of all that is good because of these deities of yours, it will not be I that shall shoulder the blame. We've seen what creatures of their power can do just by looking at our surroundings. No simple sentient put us in this position.

Perhaps, my friend, our destruction is their creation to greater things. As with all things, is not evil and death followed by a golden era of good and life? Do not be so quick to judge their ways, for we cannot hope to comprehend the magnitude at which they think. One can only go so far as to realize that he is but a mere pawn in their games of war. The mortal race has always been nothing but pet in the eyes of greater beings. Do dogs not feel as we do?
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: EST
In Game: Alcarnus

Postby Ring127 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 am

Alcarnus wrote:Perhaps, my friend, our destruction is their creation to greater things. As with all things, is not evil and death followed by a golden era of good and life? Do not be so quick to judge their ways, for we cannot hope to comprehend the magnitude at which they think. One can only go so far as to realize that he is but a mere pawn in their games of war. The mortal race has always been nothing but pet in the eyes of greater beings. Do dogs not feel as we do?

You are quite right my friend, evil and death should be followed by a golden era, and we have felt that evil and death. It is the evil that put us in these catacombs. Perhaps this is just another stage in that cycle, but even so, I will fight tooth and nail every step of the way.

Your analogy of dogs is quite ironic. Does a dog not lash out at a harmful master? Sure, a dog will follow and obey a benevolent owner, but should that owner chose to abuse that dog, seeds of resentment will plant themselves. Even so, the relationship between man/dog and these beings and us are completely different. A dog is not sentient, a dog does not think like we do.
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

Postby Alcarnus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 am

Ring127 wrote:
Alcarnus wrote:Perhaps, my friend, our destruction is their creation to greater things. As with all things, is not evil and death followed by a golden era of good and life? Do not be so quick to judge their ways, for we cannot hope to comprehend the magnitude at which they think. One can only go so far as to realize that he is but a mere pawn in their games of war. The mortal race has always been nothing but pet in the eyes of greater beings. Do dogs not feel as we do?

You are quite right my friend, evil and death should be followed by a golden era, and we have felt that evil and death. It is the evil that put us in these catacombs. Perhaps this is just another stage in that cycle, but even so, I will fight tooth and nail every step of the way.

Your analogy of dogs is quite ironic. Does a dog not lash out at a harmful master? Sure, a dog will follow and obey a benevolent owner, but should that owner chose to abuse that dog, seeds of resentment will plant themselves. Even so, the relationship between man/dog and these beings and us are completely different. A dog is not sentient, a dog does not think like we do.

Yes, forgive me, for I did not take into account the Human spirit. The race of Man has always been one to fight oppression will a most respectable persistence. Thus, the seeds of rebellion and freedom will spread like an undying disease. However, Humans are very... needy. Curious, too. They require answers to every question that comes to mind. And one of the biggest questions is how. How did we mortal beings come to be?

This is where the gods will come to play. Naturally, many look to them as the answer. Immortal beings capable of doing the undoable, capable of creating life itself. They command the elements, things which we cannot hope to control, let alone understand. Their wisdom knows no bounds. My point is this, it will take a great leader to truly defeat the gods. Sporadic fires do not destroy a forest, a single common denominator has to be present first.

Now, as with dogs, we can fight for as long as there is fight in us, but it would make no difference without a light to guide us in this unknown path. No mortal being has ever defied the gods, and none wishes to be the first to feel their combined wrath. A heretic is the most damnable being to be cursed by gods and men alike. People will be reluctant to go down such a path. Resistance is futile. A dog can lash out at the abusive master as much as it wants, but in the end, its punishment will be even greater. Yet, if it so much as catches a glimpse of that light...
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Krazyguy75 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 am

Hmph. I see no further point in arguing with these heretics. They are stubborn and arrogant.

They are like wild dogs, not like domesticated. They bite everything that moves, regardless of how it treats them. Have the gods wronged them personally? No. Are they even certain that they destroyed the old world? No. Do they know how the old world even looked or felt? I doubt it.

Like wild dogs, it would take a lot of training and generations of effort to make them realize the power of the gods, let alone to see her supremacy. I wonder if we should let them die. She is a mystery in some ways. Perhaps "Join or die" is not a threat, just the two choices that lie ahead of them. They cannot survive among the new world of gods and magic. Perhaps She meant that to be a portrayal of their future. No matter. They will fall none the less. Godless first, for the ultimate heresy, then the worshippers of the false dieties.

Their minds are lost in the Hallows, buried, paranoid, and blind. It is not worth the effort to dig them out, especially while they try to block out any light from entering. Let us leave them, and kill them when She is ready to.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby orionic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 am

The thing is, however, nobody knows their true intent. We compare them to things humans do when they get power-hungry, but they are not humans. They may think so much differently to the way we do.
Are they even power hungry? Do they really need us?
Maybe, like Krazyguy said, they do feel compassion, they do love, and this is their way of showing it to us.
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby Krazyguy75 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm

I propose you all be scientific, not scared or paranoid. No one ever got anywhere by clinging to the old. Try the new, and make the decisions based off that. All your points are based around legends of the old world. I've yet to meet a servant of the gods who dislikes their deity, so try it out before you run away from the new.
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Alcarnus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:I propose you all be scientific, not scared or paranoid. No one ever got anywhere by clinging to the old. Try the new, and make the decisions based off that. All your points are based around legends of the old world. I've yet to meet a servant of the gods who dislikes their deity, so try it out before you run away from the new.

Friend, I ask you this. How is religion a matter of science? When it comes down to it, the gods are nothing but beings who have ascended to a higher plane of existence. You asked for science, there it is. What proof do I have? None but my own theories collected from men of ages past. We are mortals, and like children, we can only hope to comprehend so much.

You say you have not met a servant who dislikes his god? Well, I say you have looked in all the wrong places. No matter where, there will be discontent to some degree. And to that, what servant would wholeheartedly follow a master he will never lay eye on, less he be but a mindless creature? I, for one, am not running away from these new immortals who have entered our world. Instead, I run to them.

Mother Nature has created a truly intricate system for which one can only be in awe of. All creatures, no matter how big or small, are equal. Yet, even the big wolf must follow the cycle that has been laid out before it. This is what my judgement is based of, friend. Say what you may, but know what I say cannot be disputed.
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Krazyguy75 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Alcarnus wrote:
Krazyguy75 wrote:I propose you all be scientific, not scared or paranoid. No one ever got anywhere by clinging to the old. Try the new, and make the decisions based off that. All your points are based around legends of the old world. I've yet to meet a servant of the gods who dislikes their deity, so try it out before you run away from the new.

Friend, I ask you this. How is religion a matter of science? When it comes down to it, the gods are nothing but beings who have ascended to a higher plane of existence. You asked for science, there it is. What proof do I have? None but my own theories collected from men of ages past. We are mortals, and like children, we can only hope to comprehend so much.

You say you have not met a servant who dislikes his god? Well, I say you have looked in all the wrong places. No matter where, there will be discontent to some degree. And to that, what servant would wholeheartedly follow a master he will never lay eye on, less he be but a mindless creature? I, for one, am not running away from these new immortals who have entered our world. Instead, I run to them.

Mother Nature has created a truly intricate system for which one can only be in awe of. All creatures, no matter how big or small, are equal. Yet, even the big wolf must follow the cycle that has been laid out before it. This is what my judgement is based of, friend. Say what you may, but know what I say cannot be disputed.

Why must we argue? We support the same argument. I was speaking in terms of science, as it is the opposite of paranoia, the feeling they seem to show about my Mistress and the others. Test what you do not know, so that you may know it. That is why I speak of science.
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Ring127 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

You talk of the old world as if no one from that time is yet alive. What of the elves, or the magi who have augmented their lifespans beyond normal means. Do not think that the sands of time have yet buried our past.

Of course no slave would dare speak bad of their master. To do so would be to martyr oneself. Those who have the courage to stand against the injustice have chosen to take no masters.
Defiant, 'till the end
Ring127

PreviousNext

Return to Chronicles of Conflict