Drunken Adventures

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Drunken Adventures

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:13 am

This is a story, rather than a roleplaying thread. However, I will be including elements of ARG, so feel free to suggest stuff. I'll post when I can.

Mick woke up once again, for the four-thousand and fifteenth time. It's an amazing feeling reaching your four-thousand and seventeenth day, although perhaps it does not mark as much as a milestone as the four-thousand seven hundred and forty-eighth day, or the even more grand six-thousandth five hundred and seventy-fourth day.
But, alas, those are still quite some time away, and he should enjoy his childhood while he can.
At least, this is what the writer believes. But the writer himself is losing his years and perhaps is just wearing rose-tinted glasses. The boy couldn't wait for those days to come. Adventuring was all that he wanted, and adventuring is, of course, quite a bit easier when you can buy alcohol and tobacco. Segments of truth in this statement can be found in Mick's borrowed adventuring books. It's on paper with full-paint illustrations, right next to the story of the legendary wooden sword available at all local blacksmiths, so it must be true. Bards aren't allowed to lie.
Regardless, Mick slid out of his bed and began slinging his old clothes on, excited all the same. These clothes had been getting tight the last few weeks, so Mick was hoping he'd get a new set today. He's quite sure he'd be happy with any gift given, as he cannot hold his own wage, but he'd be especially happy with a new tunic.
Or perhaps a puppy. He'd name him Keenan, after the character from one of his favorite stories. Or maybe Cherry, if it was a girl. He actually hates cherries, regardless of how "expensive and exotic" they are, but he likes the word. He began heading out of his room and into the den, all the while thinking further of other names.
Perhaps, should he get a couple of crowns, he could hire a local Psychic, and the dog could pick his own name? Such thoughts are bliss on your four-thousand and seventeenth day alive.

ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Drunken Adventures

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:26 am

Mick entered the living room, and was greeted by his father.
"Ahh, there's the special boy on his special day!" His black whiskers seemed to jolt about with excitement.
The large man reached down his burly arm to tousle the young boy's hair, who immediately resisted with laughter.

"Gettin' closer to bein' a man, no?" His father turned back to what he was doing, evidently fixing the dining table.

"I don't need to be closer. I'm already a man!"

His father chuckled. "Of course, m'boy." He turned back to face Mick. "Yer mother went into town to pick up some things. However, I did hear word of some redstone users setting up in the street. Why not see if you could bother them?" A grin enveloped his face, one almost matching in energy and anticipation as his son's.
Mick darted out the door to try and find the show.

ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Return to Chronicles of Conflict