You are now...

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: You are now...

Postby Krazyguy75 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 am

Ring127 wrote:Keep walking until something of internets appears.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm
Location: The Wyld Basin
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby BlackholeNW » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Spoiler:
I might as well be doing something interesting on these forums. 8 months isn't too long to revive a thread, right?


> Become a vampire hunter using the stake end of the sign.

That idea, while one you would enact immediately in other circumstances, currently seems rather redundant. You don't think that there are any vampires to hunt out here, and even if there were, they would all surely be hiding themselves from the still BLAZING SUNLIGHT. Besides, you have a better idea...

> Eat the sign.

No, not that. Your metabolism is considerably boosted, but less robust than it was PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE. You don't think that wood would go down well, especially without any ENERGY to fuel the enhanced digestive process.

You can always save that option for a last resort, however.

> Use the sign as a makeshift pickaxe and become a miner.

That's more like it. If worst comes to worst, you can use the sign to commence your new career as a HARDCORE MINER. A few years spent scraping out a livelihood scraping out tunnels might do you good, and you've always had somewhat of an obsession for creating large underground complexes, as evidenced by your PREVIOUS WORKS.

Enthusiastic about your new idea, you raise the sign above your head and swing it down towards the ground. Damn, the thing is surprisingly heavy for a wooden sign, but you suppose that that just means that it will not break as easily. You lay into the ground with gusto, your sign catching chunks of earth as you strive to dig deeper into the soil.

After five minutes you manage to create a small patch of exposed soil, cover your sign (and yourself) in dirt and grass, and splinter your makeshift pickaxe to high heaven. You are beginning to feel that this plan might not have been so well thought out. For one thing, the soil seems to be incredibly hard-packed. Whoever erected the sign must have had some serious muscle power behind their hammer to drive it into the ground.

You stare despondently at the hole in the soil where you pulled out the sign. Something seems... odd about it.

You look closer. Something WHITE appears to be partially exposed at the bottom of the narrow hole. Now, that is certainly odd.

What will you do?
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
User avatar
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am
Location: Dial-Quedan
In Game: BlackholeMC
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby wronsiski » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Pull it out and look at it in closer detail.
User avatar
wronsiski
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:18 pm
Timezone: GMT
In Game: wronsiski
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: You are now...

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:39 pm

> Continue being a HARDCORE MINER, but instead focus your efforts on the new-found white thing.
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am
In Game: ThatShadowGuy
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: You are now...

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 am

Poke it until it responds. If it doesn't it's probably not edible.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm
Location: The Wyld Basin
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby BlackholeNW » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:05 pm

> Poke it until it responds. If it doesn't it's probably not edible.

You figure caution is always best in these sort of situations. You reach out, and gingerly poke the unidentified object.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it doesn't move. You suppose that you should probably try and work out what it is, especially as, apart from the sign, it's the only object you have seen so far that breaks the sand-grass-soil uniformity.

> Pull it out and look at it in closer detail.

You reach in and attempt to pull the object out, but your fingers can't get a grip. It doesn't seem to have any edges uncovered, and feels strangelysmooth beneath your touch. You feel that this particular fact should probably strike you as odd.

> Continue being a HARDCORE MINER, but instead focus your efforts on the new-found white thing.

Yes. This is the solution that you have been looking for. You have trained HARD for the last five minutes and you want to put your new found skills to good use.

The sign has proved itself pretty useless as a tool however, and so you toss it aside and just sort of scrabble at the dirt with your hands. After another five minutes or so, you uncover some more of the object, which seems to be uniformly FLAT AND WHITE. You have yet to find an edge, but you figure that there must be one otherwise the object would probably protrude from the sides of the HILLOCK atop which you found the sign.

Another fifteen minutes of careful excavation work finally reveals an edge. It is smooth, and the object's contours drop off at a shard 90 degrees downward. The slight curving of the edge suggests that the object is perhaps circular, even cylindrical, and entirely buried in this hillock. You have roughly a square metre of the surface of the object uncovered by this point, so it is presumably far too large for you to carry, even if you could find a way to grip the thing. You must admit, you are almost entirely STUMPED as to how to proceed.

What will you do?
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
User avatar
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am
Location: Dial-Quedan
In Game: BlackholeMC
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby charmisokay » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Lick the white surface, this will allow me to best decide what sort of item it is, and what to do with it.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
User avatar
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: The Great Danish Kingdom-
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby wronsiski » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:19 pm

charmisokay wrote:Lick the white surface, this will allow me to best decide what sort of item it is, and what to do with it.

This.
User avatar
wronsiski
Workman of Garrodum
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:18 pm
Timezone: GMT
In Game: wronsiski
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: You are now...

Postby BlackholeNW » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:50 pm

> Lick the white surface, this will allow me to best decide what sort of item it is, and what to do with it.

> This.

You TASTE the white surface with your KEEN TONGUE. It is utterly bland in taste, and nothing is revealed about the nature of the object in question.

You seem to be running short on IDEAS recently, whereas they were coming thick and fast before. It is almost as if you are devoid of your INSPIRATION, as if the MYSTERIOUS BEINGS that guide your FATE have all but abandoned you, only imparting the occasional BOON of action.

You wonder if perhaps soon a large breadth of options will occur to you.

What will you do?
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
User avatar
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am
Location: Dial-Quedan
In Game: BlackholeMC
Time Cloaked: Willing

Re: You are now...

Postby ThatShadowGuy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 pm

> Throw a temper tantrum and punch and kick the white object until something breaks, whether it be the object or one of your bones.

> Alternatively, try uncovering the rest of the white object, going along the edge.
ThatShadowGuy
Stargazer of Astracarn
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am
In Game: ThatShadowGuy
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

PreviousNext

Return to Chronicles of Conflict

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest