Ask the First Priests!

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Ask the First Priests!

Postby Cyster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

As time ticks by in the Hollows, the first priests and priestesses, who have heard their god's voice, emerge. Naturally they want to share the word of their god and their views on things with the heathen masses, that they might see the truth and come over to them. But merely preaching isn't the way.

How this thread works is this: Ask a question, in-character. Address the question to as one or as many of the priests as you like:

Air Priest
Fire Priestess
Water Priest
Earth Priest
Day Priestess
Night Priestess

The priests (Sheez and I) will answer in accordance with the beliefs and how they interpret their god's word. While this is not a hard and fast rule about how you must behave when you take up the faith, this should give you an idea of how the relative morality lore works.
<Emp> my fist will meet your face
<Emp> your nipples will feed the starving
Cyster

Timezone: PST
In Game: Cyster
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Ask the First Priests!

Postby dragonshardz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm

What are the views of the different priests on the creatures that spawn in the darkness of the night? Specifically, does the Night God view them as allies or as abominations?
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

Postby Cyster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 pm

dragonshardz wrote:What are the views of the different priests on the creatures that spawn in the darkness of the night? Specifically, does the Night God view them as allies or as abominations?

Night Priestess:
They are the test we're all measured by. I suppose you could think of them as allies in a sense -- without them, we would be weak and blind. It is through their constant presence that we grow strong and wary. Nothing sneaks up on us because we know to look over our shoulders and keep our ears sharp.

Do we lie in bed with them? No. That's slander perpetuated by people who babble about the light. But without them we would be far lesser than what we become through our devotion to the Night.

Air Priest:

What are the demons that haunt us in the darkness but reflections of the demons within? People see what they want to see in the face of the monster. They lash out at what they refuse to understand. Perhaps there is great worth in these creatures. Perhaps much can be learned from them. Or perhaps they simply wish to rip out your spleen. It is in the discovery of these truths where worth resides.

Fire Priestess:

What are they but kindling? They fear the power of my god, for they know how quickly they fall before it. There is a place for such creatures, but if they challenge us and dare to tread where they know we reside? They will be consumed.
<Emp> my fist will meet your face
<Emp> your nipples will feed the starving
Cyster

Timezone: PST
In Game: Cyster

Postby DreXav » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Priests of all deities,

How do you view trading and sharing, material and immaterial wealth alike, with heathens and the banished?
DreXav
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: DreXav
Time Cloaked: Unwilling

Postby Ragandar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

A man walked up to the gathered clergy. He seemed to wear a strange outfit, colourful and extravagant, with a hat with bells attached to it. He bowed and said:
"Listen all, and hear my call.
Tell me, what traits your Gods value.
Strength or cunning, or is perhaps patience considered a real virtue?
Answer me, you all..."
With that, the man takes a step back and waits for the priests and priestesses to answer.
F*ck Hell, I will go to Walhalla Sovngarde. \m/
Season 2:
Council member of The Teutonic Order.
Magma Hand of Hammerseat.

Season 2.5:

Tribesman of the Mavi.
Voting Council member.

Season 3:
Ragandar
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Ragandar

Postby Feldherren » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Priestesses, what's the difference between night and day? ...well, aside from you two being different people.
They're words some people threw around, but I've never seen what they talked about.
<almiteycow> feld go stand next to this wall!
<almiteycow> feld lay down on this road!
<Feldherren> Someone two metres tall is 1.3 felds.
<almiteycow> oh lord
<almiteycow> my brain is breaking
Feldherren
Emp's Little Proof Reader

In Game: Feldherren

Postby Sheez » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm

dragonshardz wrote:What are the views of the different priests on the creatures that spawn in the darkness of the night? Specifically, does the Night God view them as allies or as abominations?

Water Priest
The things that live during the night aren't any different than those priests of other gods. They're pawns, and they exist to be used when it is most beneficial to use them. In large numbers they can be dangerous, and we'd be foolish not to avoid them, but better to give them a purpose that serves our own goals.

They're also delightfully capable of keeping others away from us, and a valid resource for hard to find goods. Really, wonderfully good for so many things.

Earth Priest
The creatures of dark places are simply something that must be endured. We are prepared for them, because we know that they share the hidden places in the earth. Our preparation is a bulwark against their depredations, and through it we will be safe. There is nothing to fear, so long as vigilance and integrity are maintained.

Day Priestess
The creatures of the dark are aberrant, and they burn in the light of day. They hide their depredations from the world, because they know that to be discovered is to be cleansed. That the followers of night see them as useful is simply baffling, because they serve no purpose other than to maim and kill. You should not fear them, but nor should you suffer their presence in our lands. That is the truth of this thing.
Former Water Nation Leadership Council
Former Empire of the Riven Moon Leader
Master of Beasts

"<Emp>: Grrr microtrannies."
Sheez

Postby dragonshardz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Thank you, Preists and Priestesses. Another question, what would your God or Goddess think of a crusade to cleanse the world of said creatures?
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 pm

What do the gods think of the other gods? Are some worse than others?

For example, the fire god might hate the water god more, and the earth gods and day gods less, as magma is underground, and harsh sunlight causes wildfires.

Is there any preference or not?
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Onundr » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 am

What is it that your gods want with all of us?
Onundr
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: Onundr

Next

Return to Chronicles of Conflict