Ask the First Priests!

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Ask the First Priests!

Postby Shinobi_Freedan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 pm

I am a curious man, prone to observing life around me and gaining knowledge from these observations. In my time spent wandering the blocks of the known world, I have noted many things. Primarily, I have noted that the building blocks of life seem to spring from a union of four things ... light, earth, water, and air.

One would agree that light is necessary for life. Not to undead life, but to true life, such as nature and people. This is why the darkness of caves produce no grass, and why wheat seeds spring from the ground when under insufficient light. Light provides a means for plants to grow, which provides a means for life to be sustained.

Earth is also essential. Without it, the people roaming the earth, as well as the sustaining foods and animals that dwell alongside them, could not exist. It is earth that ensures a firm ground on which to live. The void is uninhabitable, and it is earth which keeps us from it.

The last, yet not the least, of things which sustain is water. I have observed that foods grow faster in the water. Some, in fact, such as sugarcane, will grow nowhere else. Water helps to grow wheat. Wheat breeds animals, which in turn produce food and goods. Without water, life itself would literally starve.

Air, it can be deduced, keeps men alive. This can be deduced from the fact that places without air (aka underwater, and the void) slowly drain health, until one dies. Thus, air works towards the sustenance life as well.

I wrote this long piece of work because I would like to know how the gods take these things into consideration. Was there a time, perhaps, when the gods, or deities such as the genies, were at peace, and created the known world in unison? Or do even the gods not know how their own respective elements came into being?

Also, what are the gods' views on sentient life?
The Shinobi...You can't see him, but he sees you!
If you are reading this, it's too late.
{<ಠ>_<ಠ>}
Shinobi_Freedan
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: EST
In Game: Shinobi_Freedan
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby hdana » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 pm

To all the Priests and Priestesses,

What is your God or Goddess' stance on stealth, espionage, and assassination?
hdana
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Foodwrap » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:28 pm

The more I think about this the more I can't stop thinking about it. It occupies my mind through the days and nights but I still can't come to terms with what you restrict from us... mortals. I know you may not consider this at times. But it constantly haunts me that though you are beings of immense power, you might consider us too weak or too feeble-minded to grant us the privilege of allowing us more freedom in what we chose though, you might quickly turn it down. I would still like an answer be it from your priests who may or may not be of your best interests or of your virtues. It has kept me from sleeping (ooc: trancing didn't sound right) sometimes though.

My question.........

Why do you not allow us mortals to worship more than one god?

Do you feel like we are playing favorites that we like other gods more than one of you. To a few that might be correct but to me I really don't care. Because without all of you this "world" you have created for us mortals wouldn't not be like it is in it's current state. From the stories I have heard from the world before sounded beautiful without the wars. With it's mountains, it's oceans, it's volcanoes, it's air, it's sun and it's moon. just some of what I heard, I have never seen any of this, as I am young for an elf.

Without each of the you this "world" you have created for us mortals would not be possible without each and everyone of you. If the Earth god wasn't here then there wouldn't be any ground to live on there wouldn't be any place to sleep or rest. What if there was no Water god then the ground couldn't support life because everything would be too dry. What about the Air god if they weren't here then life wouldn't be able to breathe. Without the Fire god, life couldn't get warm enough to live everything would be too cold. With no Day god then their wouldn't be any light for life to see and finally without the Night god life wouldn't be able to sleep and grow. Without any of you this "world" would not be possible.

So I ask again why not let some of us mortals pray to all of you?

Because you each put something in this world for us to live.

Signed
Foodwrap the Dark Elf
Foodwrap
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: foodwrap

Postby Alcarnus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

I second the question my Elven brother so boldly asked. I am but a humble and pitiful mortal, but the mind given to me by the Gods of Old wanders to unspeakable places.

What is so wrong with loving and worshiping all the New Gods? As previously mentioned, were it not for the contributions of each and every single one of them, our world could not possibly hope to survive. Are we to be mere pawns in their games of power and desire? The Gods cannot possibly ask of every mortal creature to simply choose one, only to face the wrath of another.

Why is it that the realm of the living cannot coexist in peace and harmony? Did our forefathers not live in such a way, one upon a time? It has been proven, time and time again, that united we truly stand strong. It is written in the webs of time that a great alliance of Man defeated the Dwarves when times were hard. Even the Great Alliance of the West between several mortal races proved, against all odds, that unity is more than a dream. Furthermore, was it not the Apocalypse -or what was supposed to be the Apocalypse- that united the entirety of the world against the legions of evil that came so very close to completely and utterly exterminating us?

Now you hear what I have to say, oh holy messengers of the Divine Ones, and I ask you one last question. How is it to be?
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: Alcarnus

Postby Rvanbergen » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

Foodwrap wrote:
Spoiler:
The more I think about this the more I can't stop thinking about it. It occupies my mind through the days and nights but I still can't come to terms with what you restrict from us... mortals. I know you may not consider this at times. But it constantly haunts me that though you are beings of immense power, you might consider us too weak or too feeble-minded to grant us the privilege of allowing us more freedom in what we chose though, you might quickly turn it down. I would still like an answer be it from your priests who may or may not be of your best interests or of your virtues. It has kept me from sleeping (ooc: trancing didn't sound right) sometimes though.

My question.........

Why do you not allow us mortals to worship more than one god?

Do you feel like we are playing favorites that we like other gods more than one of you. To a few that might be correct but to me I really don't care. Because without all of you this "world" you have created for us mortals wouldn't not be like it is in it's current state. From the stories I have heard from the world before sounded beautiful without the wars. With it's mountains, it's oceans, it's volcanoes, it's air, it's sun and it's moon. just some of what I heard, I have never seen any of this, as I am young for an elf.

Without each of the you this "world" you have created for us mortals would not be possible without each and everyone of you. If the Earth god wasn't here then there wouldn't be any ground to live on there wouldn't be any place to sleep or rest. What if there was no Water god then the ground couldn't support life because everything would be too dry. What about the Air god if they weren't here then life wouldn't be able to breathe. Without the Fire god, life couldn't get warm enough to live everything would be too cold. With no Day god then their wouldn't be any light for life to see and finally without the Night god life wouldn't be able to sleep and grow. Without any of you this "world" would not be possible.

So I ask again why not let some of us mortals pray to all of you?

Because you each put something in this world for us to live.

Signed
Foodwrap the Dark Elf

Alcarnus wrote:
Spoiler:
I second the question my Elven brother so boldly asked. I am but a humble and pitiful mortal, but the mind given to me by the Gods of Old wanders to unspeakable places.

What is so wrong with loving and worshiping all the New Gods? As previously mentioned, were it not for the contributions of each and every single one of them, our world could not possibly hope to survive. Are we to be mere pawns in their games of power and desire? The Gods cannot possibly ask of every mortal creature to simply choose one, only to face the wrath of another.

Why is it that the realm of the living cannot coexist in peace and harmony? Did our forefathers not live in such a way, one upon a time? It has been proven, time and time again, that united we truly stand strong. It is written in the webs of time that a great alliance of Man defeated the Dwarves when times were hard. Even the Great Alliance of the West between several mortal races proved, against all odds, that unity is more than a dream. Furthermore, was it not the Apocalypse -or what was supposed to be the Apocalypse- that united the entirety of the world against the legions of evil that came so very close to completely and utterly exterminating us?

Now you hear what I have to say, oh holy messengers of the Divine Ones, and I ask you one last question. How is it to be?

But the doors to the priests' halls remained closed, silence being the only responce; for the priests had secluded themselves, and would speak to no-one.

(ooc: I don't think the admins will continue this untill Hiatus is over.)
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Previous

Return to Chronicles of Conflict