My life

Official RP forum. Recounting of server events in character, play-by-post interim RP, poems, asides: this is where you'll find them. IC only.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: My life

Postby Foodwrap » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 am

Jehoshua wrote:
Spoiler:
you just need to go with the flow my friend, your grudging "rolleyes" responses to suggestions to format your RP into paragraphs and to pick a single deity sort of wasn't the best...

Spoiler:
I meant for the rolling of the eyes to be jokingly. I'm really close to having the admins just delete it. It's not like anyone cares.
Foodwrap
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: foodwrap
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Cyster » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 am

Spoiler:
We won't delete it, actually.

One thing I need you to embrace is that when you post something like this, you will get criticism. This isn't a universal praise forum -- people will also tell you what they don't like about it. As it's pretty obvious you didn't proofread your story or really understand that parentheses should be used where you used quotes, it's to be expected that people will have critical things to say.

As I said in that thread you say you read:

Cyster's Sticky wrote:Accept criticism and use it to improve. Last I checked, none of us are bestselling authors, here. We all have room to improve, and whatever you've written for your nation is not perfect. You don't have to bend to every suggestion, but be courteous when feedback is given and take it under consideration at the least. It is not a personal attack on you.

We all grow and get better as writers and as people through constructive criticism. No one's been unduly harsh, here. Take what you've been given and grow. :)
<Emp> my fist will meet your face
<Emp> your nipples will feed the starving
Cyster

Timezone: PST
In Game: Cyster

Postby Mitchaluk121 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Spoiler:
I actually thought the story was good!!! Umm however I think it's been edited a lot from the first version because of the constructive critisisms. I think that you used the information given to us by the admins well which makes the text fit well with the actual server (although we know very little of the S3 server). Bit of a slip-up having it conclude with the guy worshipping all the gods, even though it has been said this is a BAD idea, but yes this has been fixed. Do you think this will ever be continued? (I would wait until further information has been given about the new season 3 map/mechanics). Like Cyster said you need to take the advice people gave you onboard and use it in future to make better stories which more people will want to read and feel that it was worth reading!!!
Mitchaluk121
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Foodwrap » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Mitchaluk121 wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually thought the story was good!!! Umm however I think it's been edited a lot from the first version because of the constructive critisisms. I think that you used the information given to us by the admins well which makes the text fit well with the actual server (although we know very little of the S3 server). Bit of a slip-up having it conclude with the guy worshipping all the gods, even though it has been said this is a BAD idea, but yes this has been fixed. Do you think this will ever be continued? (I would wait until further information has been given about the new season 3 map/mechanics). Like Cyster said you need to take the advice people gave you onboard and use it in future to make better stories which more people will want to read and feel that it was worth reading!!!

Spoiler:
I would like to thank you for this post. I will probably not be continuing this on the forums, I might actually make a journal as I am adventuring if the book writing mod is on.
@Everyone else
I'm sorry if I was rude but it was really late when I was posting and I'm really sorry.
Foodwrap
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: foodwrap

Previous

Return to Chronicles of Conflict