E3 2015

Anything not relating to Minecraft goes here.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

E3 2015

Postby Empirical » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:22 am

Watching the Bethesda conference now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KApp699WdE

Doom is looking pretty... and watching a man get beat to death with his own arms. Nice.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: E3 2015

Postby charmisokay » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Fallout 4 looks interesting, sort of I suppose.
;)
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby gigyas6 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 pm

charmisokay wrote:Fallout 4 looks interesting, sort of I suppose.
;)

I'm interested, but I still feel burned by Skyrim, so I'm hesitant to get on the hype train.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Rvanbergen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 am

gigyas6 wrote:
;)

I'm interested, but I still feel burned by Skyrim, so I'm hesitant to get on the hype train.

Why, if I may ask, do you feel burned by Skyrim?
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby gigyas6 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:45 am

Rvanbergen wrote:
gigyas6 wrote:
;)

Why, if I may ask, do you feel burned by Skyrim?

I felt it was an insult to the rest of the series, plot-wise and mechanics-wise, and generally a poorly designed game. I was actually really excited before and shortly after the game came out - some folks may even remember I had dragon tongue in signature for a while - but the more I played the more I hated the game.

I'm actually writing a review of why I don't like the game and it's currently two-three pages long. And it's still just talking about the intro to the game.

Some of the basic stuff, however, includes the long-as-fuck intro sequence where you get no input, being more-or-less railroaded onto the main story which is riddled with plot holes and is generally poorly written (with some exceptions here or there that get fucked anyway), the entire interface feeling like it was designed for consoles even though the series started on PC and had its strongest and core market on PC, ugly character models that didn't age well for even a single year, stealth mechanics that are a clear downgrade to the last game, and making up lack of content with additional content that isn't even very good or intuitive.

It's got good moments, but a lot of the bad really does it in for me. I've been an Elder Scrolls fan since childhood, and I only got more and more disappointed playing through Skyrim.

So I want to be excited for Fallout 4, but I've rode the Bethesda Hype Train not too long ago and it ended up derailing.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby DreXav » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Final Fantasy 7 remake was the highlight for me but Square broke my heart too many times, it is hard to put it together again...

Fallout 4 was interesting, I love the armor and weapon crafting, town creation was an interesting gimmick, but I am not sure how good a game they will build around it. I just wish for an epic plot and quests...

Lastly, Anno 2205. I love how the series have been with me since the childhood and that they go through new eras rather than trying to reinvent one era all the time... I am space-addict, so this game will scratch my itch for space city builder!
DreXav
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: DreXav
Time Cloaked: Unwilling

Postby charmisokay » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:38 am

I agree with Drex's comment on Fallout 4, all those things they are talking about sure are nice and fun, but I just hope it doesn't end up damaging the core game. Stuff like that has happened in the past with other series, and it is really heartbreaking.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Return to Off Topic