Shadyjog on-table make-believe game

Anything not relating to Minecraft goes here.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Shadyjog on-table make-believe game

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Edit: Currently requiring another player to bring player count up to three!

We are currently playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition on Fridays at 6:00 PM PST. We may start playing on Sundays, as that was our old day, but for the foreseeable future it's Friday.

I'm not requiring much, but I do have a couple conditions:
Be able to frequently make games on time. I've had far too many games dissolve simply due to players not showing up.

Given the above, this also means that I request you be in West Coast or Mid-West US. I'm not crazy keen on this. I'm willing to work things it out - this is just a preference. I'm quite aware there are a lot of East Coast and Euro folks here and I'm happy to play with them provided they're aware of timing issues.

Skype and a mic/headset are required for easy communication, and since we'll be using Roll20 as a digital board and dice, an account for that is required as well (it's free).

Other than that, it's pretty much first come, first serve. This isn't some weird application process, I just need to fill a couple slots and thought some of you folks might be interested.

Old post about Shadowrun (no longer relevant) below for archival purposes:
Spoiler:
Look at me starting two threads within the span of like an hour!

So I've been wanting to run a digital Shadowrun 4th game for a while now. I've a couple friends who are already interested and will be joining, but there's still 1-2, maybe three, spots left.

For those that don't know what Shadowrun is:

[spoiler]Shadowrun is a tabletop role-playing game set in the dark, not-to-distant future of (for 4th edition) 2070.
An Awakening of Magic has occurred, reintroducing magic and magical creatures back into the world, along with creating meta-variants of humanity - elves, dwarves, orks, and trolls, all human but with noticeable differences. Technological advancements have allowed a Virtual Reality (and Augmented Reality) Matrix - 2070's equivalent of the Internet and general networking - and human augmentations that modify and replace parts of the body.
All is not well, however, given many countries have had their lands split in many directions, and Mega-Corporations suddenly control metropolises the world over. SINless (those without a System Identification Number) are more and more common, and without credit or history, and with strong prejudices against them, they find themselves more often in the slums than the nice residential areas of Seattle.
The downtrodden who still have skills left to use, those who wish to disrupt the current Mega-Corporation ecosystem, or those who simply know no other life become Shadowrunners - specialized mercenaries who steal information, sabotage corporate plans, and solve bewildering mysteries at the request of mysterious, powerful, and often anonymous Johnsons.

The system itself encourages dealing with problems in a roundabout way, with many ways to resolve conflict or acquire info, without always having to use brute-force. In fact, frequent force often results in a dead Runner. You also roll like 15 dice for individual skill checks, it's beautiful.
Last edited by gigyas6 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Shadyjog on-table make-believe game

Postby charmisokay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:35 am

Shadowrun can be a really great game, I hope you guys have fun with it :)
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby gigyas6 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:10 am

While most of the requirements are the same, we're no longer playing Shadowrun and instead are going to be running Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition - and we're no longer as hard-up for a player since we finally got our third. There is also now a pinned running time - Sunday at 6pm PST.

Given the changes, I figured I'd update in case there was someone who was interested in roleplaying but held back by Shadowrun.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Empirical » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 am

Oddly, me and some others from NAW are doing 5e D&D game (we're not looking for new players, all full). Starting tomorrow as well.

We decided our characters by generating three from a generator and choosing one.

http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/

I got: Unpredictable Human Druid from the worst brothel in town who thinks they can read the future, but consistently gets it wrong and has a fan that, when unfolded, shows a sleeping cat.

(The bit about a fan is my trinket roll, just tossed it in there.)
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:09 am

I actually suggested that to my players! No one's used it yet, but I'm not holding a knife to them and forcing them to use it.

Yet.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Empirical » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Soft, like a kitten.

Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Postby Krazyguy75 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Spoiler:
Empirical wrote:Soft, like a kitten.

Yeah, DMs these days. Last time I DMed, one of the characters got mind controlled, and now that character and one other are dead, and the town thinks that we're an evil party (they also think we're ninjas, but that's a separate matter).
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby gigyas6 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 pm

One of the players had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and now we need another to bring us back up to three.

We are currently playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition. We may switch to Pathfinder but that is as of yet unseen. We are playing on Fridays at 6:00 PM PST. We're doing this over Skype and Roll20.

We need a player who can frequently come to games - badly.
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:39 am

gigyas6 wrote:One of the players had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and now we need another to bring us back up to three.

We are currently playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition. We may switch to Pathfinder but that is as of yet unseen. We are playing on Fridays at 6:00 PM PST. We're doing this over Skype and Roll20.

We need a player who can frequently come to games - badly.

Tell me if you switch to PF, I'm a PF player with no experience in 5.0, so I don't really want to do that. Not sure if I'd join or not, but if you do switch, let me know.

PS: I hope you don't require a team player. My characters... well, they lean chaotic even if they are extremely lawful good.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:22 am

I'd have loved to join you on this, but I think it'd be awkward for me to join any more groups atm, sorry!
I hope you find someone.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Return to Off Topic