GoOdByE FoR a LoNg TiMe ;^)

Anything not relating to Minecraft goes here.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

GoOdByE FoR a LoNg TiMe ;^)

Postby Alcarnus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello memates, your resident dunce here. I am here to extend my loving farewell to all of you.

It's been the best of fun with you all and I immensely enjoyed my time here. I will miss those long nights terrorizing the Aussies and doing nothing but engage in euphoric banter with them well into the morning. I will miss those also long nights exchanging pleasantries and compliments with Charmisokay and the rest of his 2happy4me desert Dwarfs. I won't really miss that guy who kept fucking whining about me all the time, but I will definitely think back to those moments with fondness. Most of all, I will miss the Ripdtide Cartel's glorious mission of enforcing the old NOFUNALOUD rule. Thank you Nugster and Writzbitz for always catering to my spastic internet warrior needs. Sailing those stupidly huge seas all the time was fun as hell. Oh yeah, the admins' friendly banter will be missed too. I loved spamming the chat with my erotic writing when Emp and I are the only ones on.

Anyways, I am leaving because life has gotten a bit wild. My mother died recently and my father is even less tolerable than he usually is. The only thing that I had going for me was my ultra fit gf, but I blew that just to do a girl that ended up doing my friend.

I ended up enlisting in the United States Marine Corps a few months ago. All I've been doing is PT and getting myself in top physical shape. I signed a Recon contract and I will be leaving for Marine Corp Recruit Depot Parris Island in a little over two weeks. I ship out October 1. Boot Camp is three months, the School of Infantry is three months, Reconnaisance Indoctrination is three months. I will be in a combat MOS, so I will probably get deployed. I mean, it's the Marine Corps I will get deployed.

Hopefully I don't die and hopefully you guys are still around in a few years. I really hope you all are, because you're all good people. It's been a wonderful journey and I honestly wish you all the finest in life.
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: EST
In Game: Alcarnus
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: GoOdByE FoR a LoNg TiMe ;^)

Postby Alcarnus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh also, someone asked this some time ago and I gave a really jackassy answer so here goes.
I am English AND American. I was born and raised in Norwich, England but went to high school in Florida. Father is American and mother was English. I do not actually have autism- I was just joking guys srs.

Spoiler:
This is kind of my goodbye wish or whatever, but you guys please make Orcs a real race instead of making them a bunch of Shrek lookalikes. It would be nice to see an evolved intelligent Orcish race hellbent of world conquest or something.

Spoiler:
Someone please make a giant wang statue in my honour :^)
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: EST
In Game: Alcarnus

Postby orionic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

A couple of things:
orcs, yes, should be a thing.
second, I hope one we will get to see a crazy news report of a british american marine shouting ALCAAARNUUUUS as he goes ham. full ham.
The best of luck man, I didnt get to spend a whole lot of time with you, but I have read your storys, I have enjoyed them, and seen you go crazy.
Take a little of the N@W mindset with you ;)
(But dont actually start a war on undead or anything)
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby BrickWork » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:42 am

Hey, you were one of the ones who dealt with my whiny brat-ish self years back, so I give you props for that. I still remember those grammar wars we had, even if they did get a bit heated (after all, your one for pointing out any mistakes you see), but I look back at those days and kinda cringe a bit.

Also, I wish you luck out there. I'm a Canadian, so I don't know much about the american marines and all those war things they do, but I'm guessing its going to be dangerous, so take care!

Spoiler:
By the way, if we're hopping on the race bandwagon here, automatons have a better chance of becoming a thing than orcs, right?
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby _myst_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:54 am

Alcarnus wrote:
Spoiler:
Someone please make a giant wang statue in my honour :^)

Done. Just for you :cool:
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby JimmyMoh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:30 am

I'm going to miss you Alc. We didn't talk much, but you were a good dude. I wish you all the best from Canada.

Ps. I'm Sorry.

- Jimmy
JimmyMoh
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Kbslayer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 am

Hey Alc, it's been a long time since you and I communicated, but you always seemed like a classy guy. I just want you to know, this community, we have your back. You ever need anything, find us. We are always around. Take care, and have fun in the Corp. Enlisting is a hell of a thing, and you have my complete respect for it. Good luck, and come on back.

We'll be waiting.

Lots of love,
-Kb
GENERATION 1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
Kbslayer
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: GMT -6
In Game: Kbslayer

Postby xLGxRaven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 pm

I am sorry about your loss. I really do wish the best of luck for you in the Marines, I appreciate your service Alc. Good luck.
Past Lives:
Season 2: Refugee of The Wall
Season 2.25: Workman of Valor
Season 2.5: Settler of Old Marah - Stargazer of Astracarn
xLGxRaven
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: xLGxRaven

Postby Rvanbergen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm

I've thought long and hard about what I could say here. I must admit that I didn't know you as well as most of the people here, and my slight annoyance when you were on may have been a pain to you. But your annoyances did more for the server - any server - than a thousand sensible words from me ever could. I will be sad to see you go.

I will not say goodbye, but see you around, as I'm sure it won't be forever.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby Empirical » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:21 pm

...your title for this thread is eating away at what little soul I have left.

Now with that said:

Good luck. Hopefully this works out for you, sorry about all the shit on your plate. Not much else I can say. Military may be a good choice though, decent benefits and so forth. If you're lucky maybe you'll get posted somewhere nice. Take it easy.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Return to Off Topic