Admin Notice

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Admin Notice

Postby almiteycow » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:48 am

So.. recently got a new job and it causes some issues where I'm unable to fully commit to things here. Due to this, I figure that it's only right to step down from being an admin and coder... I'll be working with the admin team here to turn over the keys to what I have control of shortly.

I think you guys have a pretty solid thing going for your community server, hope you go big with it, and I think I might look forward to joining you as a player again at some point. Hopefully, the remaining admin team can find someone to pick up the coding and work with you to make a strong new season. I'm sorry I wasn't able to do more to get this ship off the ground.

I still have some pretty strong ties to the community here, so I'm likely not going to disappear, but I won't be doing any active management or coding from here out. However, anyone's working on plugins or code, feel free to ask me some questions.

So, Coder/Admin moo out. Player/Community Member moo signing in! My shiny name, noooo
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Admin Notice

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:10 am

Thank you for all the work you've done Moo! Though things are slow and humble at the time, you've helped create a beautiful and wonderful thing, and for that, you are applauded.

Congratulations on your new job, I look forward to the possibility of playing along side you someday.

Again, thank you.
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

Postby _myst_ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:37 am

Hey there cow, it's been a good run, I still remember when I was first applying here to the server and you and Emp shut me the hell down for asking if I could apply too many times in chat (hehe). I wish you the best in your new job, hope it brings you riches beyond compare and minimum feelings oh hopelessness by the end of the day.

I must ask though, since you're leaving your admin position, what is the state of affairs as far as S3 is concerned? Is Aculem still working on his various plugins? How much of the admin team is still active behind the scenes? Do you yourself realistically see Season 3 happening within the next year (or ever)?
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby gigyas6 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:20 am

I hope you can still stick around for everything. We're just about ready to get in the real meat of it all, and we're all getting our butts in gear. It'd suck if you didn't get to see that. You helped birth a lot of this, after all.

This should normally be the part where I reminisce about you and such. I'd certainly have a lot to say, but I think that'd leave a bad flavor in everything. It'd add some sort of finality to this when really you're just shifting gears. I don't want to close that door on you.
Even if you need to take a break now and then, and can't log on as often as others might, you'll always have that whitelist spot and you'll always have a spot here in the community. I'm sure most folks are excited to play alongside you. I'm not sure how many of us have had that chance.

Gonna leave this on a positive note. Hope to see you fighting along with the rest of us soon!
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby almiteycow » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 am

_myst_ wrote:I must ask though, since you're leaving your admin position, what is the state of affairs as far as S3 is concerned? Is Aculem still working on his various plugins? How much of the admin team is still active behind the scenes? Do you yourself realistically see Season 3 happening within the next year (or ever)?

Can't really say. Aculem kinda appears and disappears, so it's possible it might be a while... but a couple other coders have mentioned interest, so I would think it would be great to get one of them on lead. Even some sort of project manager to keep everything moving and motivated would probably be a big help. You'll have to look to the current admins to see what they plan on doing though.

Also, no need for finality, gig. I'm not leaving. I'll probably be more motivated to play anyway, since I don't have to make the sausage.
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Postby ArguableLobster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 am

Get back to work you damn code monkey.
"I love anal sticks"-B.C
ArguableLobster
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: arguablelobster

Postby BrickWork » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:35 pm

ArguableLobster wrote:Get back to work you damn code monkey.

monkey cow
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork
Time Cloaked: Willing

Return to General Discussion