Discord?

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Discord?

Postby Empirical » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:41 am

Feld has recently told me about a skype alternative (more or less) that I have been trying out.

https://discordapp.com/

Seems similar to IRC as well but probably more friendly and familiar for most people. So far it seems pretty decent. I have not tried out the voice chat stuff yet but I have set up a channel for NAW if you guys want to try it out.

Seems I can create multiple 'rooms' or 'chats', similar to different rooms on a VOIP (Vent, Mumble, etc.). So if you have nations or the likes on your community server I can set those up (both text and voice channels).

NAW server can be found here: https://discord.gg/0gfjp4bDXqcVeXmn
You can use the web browser to try it out without having to download it. I just started trying out the android version now.

Tip: I suggest going to personal settings and switching to the dark theme. The text entry bar is white and the font is a light gray on the normal light setting... so it's hard to read.

Also, voice chat seems to start enable? Press the phone with the X below it on the bottom left.
Bolded because no one reads.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Discord?

Postby Empirical » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:42 am

Note: IRC still exist... savages.

But this may help with voice chat. Which does not exist any more.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Return to General Discussion