Season 3 Documents

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Season 3 Documents

Postby almiteycow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Added two (unfinished) documents: Nation Mechanics and Prestige Proposal
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby cgeyl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:14 pm

What's really the thing holding up development at the moment? Is it figuring out how the mechanics will actually work or the implementation of these new mechanics?

(Also was that thing about nerfing diamond gear and using three different metals still a thing? I haven't really seen anything about it in the documents)
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby almiteycow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Implementation. We had a huge in-depth design which we realized would never come to fruition (including the new materials/nerfing materials) due to implementation time, so we scrapped huge chunks of it and simplified the crap out it. Went back to core principals. Nations and War. We'd want to revisit the more complex stuff at a later point, but not until we get the core stuff running.

We could probably use some help finalizing the design docs and sanity checking them, but mostly it's that we need plugins implemented.

Also, added: Services and Chase Items, Factions and Territory, Project: Nations, Dependency Chart
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Postby Foodwrap » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm interested in coding some of this but I don't even know where to start. Suggestions? also what version of minecraft are we using.
Foodwrap
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: foodwrap

Previous

Return to General Discussion