gg naw

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

gg naw

Postby xLGxRaven » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 am

RIP
Past Lives:
Season 2: Refugee of The Wall
Season 2.25: Workman of Valor
Season 2.5: Settler of Old Marah - Stargazer of Astracarn
xLGxRaven
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: xLGxRaven
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: gg naw

Postby Rvanbergen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:55 pm

xLGxRaven wrote:RIP

Why are you saying this?
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby cgeyl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Rip

will be missed
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby charmisokay » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:08 pm

press f to pay respects
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Krazyguy75 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Did I miss something?

Tho honestly I think we should just have a survival server without custom terrain or fancy plugins, just so that we have something to do in the meantime. Don't get why the admins object to it so much.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:56 am

I'm currently playing around with RP servers, I don't know if a plain survival server would be very interesting (except the community, of course). On a positive note, I think I am sort of alright at making statues now, so I actually have some form of useful building skill. :dance:
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 am

charmisokay wrote:I'm currently playing around with RP servers, I don't know if a plain survival server would be very interesting (except the community, of course). On a positive note, I think I am sort of alright at making statues now, so I actually have some form of useful building skill. :dance:

Y'know, just cause it doesn't have plugins doesn't mean we can't have RP, nations, or anything of the like. Heck, the admins could just give the forum moderators admin privileges on the temp server, so that they could come up with events.

I think the heart of N@W was the community and the builds. With applications closed, we have no worry of griefers, so the builds would likely be safe even without protection. Looting, on the other hand, might be a bit rampant. If you put some light restrictions on it it probably would be fine, though. Overall, I think even a unmoderated temp server with this community would be better than nothing.
Hello darkness my old friend...
Krazyguy75
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby almiteycow » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't object.... but I also don't have that cash money to run it.

But yeah, development has pretty much halted. Basically we don't have enough developers. Talked to Sheez about making an announcement in that regard, but haven't talked to the rest of the admins. Keeping the site up is basically free and pretty easy though, so it'll stick around for a bit.

If any of you guys want to step up and trawl through our code, go for it. Gimme pull requests on github. If a couple people have the time and energy to build the plugins, I at least would be willing to work with them and feed them our design docs.
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Postby BrickWork » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:19 am

almiteycow wrote:I don't object.... but I also don't have that cash money to run it.

But yeah, development has pretty much halted. Basically we don't have enough developers. Talked to Sheez about making an announcement in that regard, but haven't talked to the rest of the admins. Keeping the site up is basically free and pretty easy though, so it'll stick around for a bit.

If any of you guys want to step up and trawl through our code, go for it. Gimme pull requests on github. If a couple people have the time and energy to build the plugins, I at least would be willing to work with them and feed them our design docs.

I tried to go through it, but I didn't really know where to start, or what was missing. I think at this point and time that my coding skills are on par with the plugins, but I don't really know how to go about it.

I'll have a lot of time next week so I'll contact you then and see if I can figure out how I can help.
*** Looking for potential quotes to fill this space ***
BrickWork
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: BrickWork

Postby almiteycow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:57 am

BrickWork wrote:I tried to go through it, but I didn't really know where to start, or what was missing. I think at this point and time that my coding skills are on par with the plugins, but I don't really know how to go about it.

I'll have a lot of time next week so I'll contact you then and see if I can figure out how I can help.

I liek you. :3:

Nah seriously, I remember you asking. If you need help, just ask, I'd love to get this stuff going for people here.

EDIT: We're trying to develop for forge... whatever the most recent version is... bring me souls.
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Next

Return to General Discussion