Two Years

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Two Years

Postby Empirical » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 am

...fuckers, not another. The last one had just died a few months back and now another.

EDIT:

Huh? They even have a "The Tuetonic Order" as a nation.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby cgeyl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:43 am

"Nations at War or NAW for short"
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Ragandar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am

I must admit I like the capturing of iron towns and such that they've got going on. Can be used really well as an incentive to fight people.
F*ck Hell, I will go to Walhalla Sovngarde. \m/
Season 2:
Council member of The Teutonic Order.
Magma Hand of Hammerseat.

Season 2.5:

Tribesman of the Mavi.
Voting Council member.

Season 3:
Ragandar
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Ragandar

Postby _myst_ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Ragandar wrote:I must admit I like the capturing of iron towns and such that they've got going on. Can be used really well as an incentive to fight people.

I actually suggested something similar a few months back to Aculem when he was visibly making progress on some of the plugins for S3. I was thinking that the map design guys could purposely exclude certain materials (stone, water, wood, even) from each biome to necessitate raiding parties to gather vital resources. We have much more block diversity now than at the end of Season 2, so it seems feasible. On another note, what does everyone think of the new snapshots?
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby FearalArmejis » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Empirical wrote:
FearalArmejis wrote:Wow I just read a few posts back gigyas post and it also got me thinking (and also out of the lurking of all these past years).

A lot has happened since I sent that application and got in. I only participated in season two but I still remember the building, the ending, the apocalypse, it was great. I've never been one that checks the forums everyday really, but from time to time I remember what a great time I had here building, fighting, even writing stories of my travels through the land. And with the fondness of that remembrance I come back to see how things are doing. I admit that seeing the change of the welcome page did spook me this one last time though, fortunately I saw that the forums were still up.

Anyways, indeed so much has passed, in 20 days I'll be turning 28... since last time I played here I think I have changed jobs, started what actually now looks like a good professional career, looking at studying a masters abroad now... so much time, and so many things that have happened!

Wow, that post from gigyas got me really rambling, I feel old now... ha...

So... good to see everybody is still here, don't know if you remember me though... haha

Cheers

Your name sticks out. What subject area would your masters be in?

Huh... I thought I had answered this, but apparently it only happened in my head.

I'm going to study a MSc in Innovation Management in Europe. Right now I've already been accepted to my number one choice university/programme which takes place the first year in Glasgow in the university of Strathclyde and the second year in Hamburg in the TU Hamburg. I'm now learning german in order to survive daily life in Germany although the masters is in english. And... each day I'm getting more worried about how the hell I'm going to pay for everything heh... I'm currently applying for scholarships and study loans but that dollar on the rise vs the emerging countries currencies is clearly not helping... (the euro has not gone up as much vs the mexican peso, but it has somewhat).

Why Innovation Management? I studied a BSc in Mechatronics Engineering. From my professional experience I see that Mexico needs to learn how to innovate and commercialize technology in order for STEM careers to become really profitable and desirable. Otherwise a Dr. in Chemistry, or electronics, or any other field will sooner than later go abroad to a better paying job. So... I want to help change this pattern.

Nice to see that you're using some kind of "crowd sourcing" on the execution part of S3! I'm sure that will be of much help. It's good to see also that you have done an analysis of tasks vs resources at hand in order to determine which can be tackled and in what depth. I guess it's a learning experience to actually be able to determine how much time each task takes (from design to implementation, to testing and feedback, etc) so it's good to see you're applying that experience now.

Cheers everyone!
------->X<-------

Season 2:
Wanderer of the land, traveler by nature, refugee by curse
FearalArmejis
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: FearalArmejis

Postby _myst_ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Cough
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis