Two Years

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Two Years

Postby Empirical » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:54 pm

FearalArmejis wrote:Wow I just read a few posts back gigyas post and it also got me thinking (and also out of the lurking of all these past years).

A lot has happened since I sent that application and got in. I only participated in season two but I still remember the building, the ending, the apocalypse, it was great. I've never been one that checks the forums everyday really, but from time to time I remember what a great time I had here building, fighting, even writing stories of my travels through the land. And with the fondness of that remembrance I come back to see how things are doing. I admit that seeing the change of the welcome page did spook me this one last time though, fortunately I saw that the forums were still up.

Anyways, indeed so much has passed, in 20 days I'll be turning 28... since last time I played here I think I have changed jobs, started what actually now looks like a good professional career, looking at studying a masters abroad now... so much time, and so many things that have happened!

Wow, that post from gigyas got me really rambling, I feel old now... ha...

So... good to see everybody is still here, don't know if you remember me though... haha

Cheers

Your name sticks out. What subject area would your masters be in?
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby _myst_ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Empirical wrote:
FearalArmejis wrote:Wow I just read a few posts back gigyas post and it also got me thinking (and also out of the lurking of all these past years).

A lot has happened since I sent that application and got in. I only participated in season two but I still remember the building, the ending, the apocalypse, it was great. I've never been one that checks the forums everyday really, but from time to time I remember what a great time I had here building, fighting, even writing stories of my travels through the land. And with the fondness of that remembrance I come back to see how things are doing. I admit that seeing the change of the welcome page did spook me this one last time though, fortunately I saw that the forums were still up.

Anyways, indeed so much has passed, in 20 days I'll be turning 28... since last time I played here I think I have changed jobs, started what actually now looks like a good professional career, looking at studying a masters abroad now... so much time, and so many things that have happened!

Wow, that post from gigyas got me really rambling, I feel old now... ha...

So... good to see everybody is still here, don't know if you remember me though... haha

Cheers

Your name sticks out. What subject area would your masters be in?

Dunno about his real life, but I seem to recall him compiling a large amount of server statistics during S2.
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby Empirical » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:43 am

Oh? Someone should drop those numbers and do some show and tell.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Postby Resniperowl » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:00 am

Huh, are we doing reminiscing and contemplating since the app days??? Just thought I'd see if anyone was still around here, for old times sake.

I honestly don't feel like I've changed much. People say that I've gotten more modest with myself and my life and the people in it. People say that I've gotten thin.

But people have also said that I've lost the spark in my eyes. But I'm sure that bound to happen when someone battles periods of starvation and thirst and homelessness in a country where I'm the gringo (I'm in Mexico right now).

I don't even remember much of Season 2. While I applied with the intention of just exploring the world and I helped start up Mill-Ajru, life at the restaurant got busier and busier, and well, I just stopped being able to play. There's just so much that I wish I didn't miss. Played a bit of 2.5, but being part of the Mavi, it was Hand-Harvesting Wheat Simulator 2013.

I still think about playing Minecraft or just gaming in general. I don't have a computer anymore, nor readily available access to internet nor electricity. I still thinking about building a tree sky high and making my home in it. It's something to hope for. It's is slightly obsessive, but it's a good thing to have nowadays.

Looking at my app now, it feels like a wolf in sheep's clothes. I see mistakes here and there, and it doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't feel honest. I don't know why.

It's nice to know that people are still here. Maybe my life will turn around by the time Season 3 happens. I don't have much time left at the cafe that I'm using internet for, so I'll hop off for now. If anyone sees Krakatoah, please tell him that I said hi.
Resniperowl
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 am

Good luck with Life, owl.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Krakatoah » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 am

I'm still about, but most of what I'm doing is just lurking.
Krakatoah
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: Krakatoah

Postby reidsb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:45 pm

I was just remembering N@W and was hoping the forums were still up. Good to see.

I found this on youtube, seems people have taken to the name.

https://youtu.be/1wuDeXMfI7o
reidsb

Postby _myst_ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:11 pm

reidsb wrote:I was just remembering N@W and was hoping the forums were still up. Good to see.

There's been a few pretenders to the throne. Hopefully we get Vanilla N@W back online sometime within the next year. Hell, Everyone who knew us outside of our community thinks we're dead and gone.
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121

Postby Rvanbergen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:37 pm

_myst_ wrote:
reidsb wrote:I was just remembering N@W and was hoping the forums were still up. Good to see.

There's been a few pretenders to the throne. Hopefully we get Vanilla N@W back online sometime within the next year. Hell, Everyone who knew us outside of our community thinks we're dead and gone.

Well, we'll show those people, won't we?

Won't we?
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:18 am

Rvanbergen wrote:
_myst_ wrote:

Well, we'll show those people, won't we?

Won't we?

By the blackest of beards, we sure as hell will! :toughguy:
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion