One Year

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: One Year

Postby Empirical » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Na, I meant general job description.

Example: Moo codes.
I took the easy one.

Also, still uploading map stuff.
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby cgeyl » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 pm

I honestly have no idea what you guys do specifically (except moo). Do you even have any idea how long it took for me to learn the difference between you and Sheez?
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Empirical » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 pm

...I could forgive the first part but confusing me with Sheez? You will never see a day in Season 3 without silverfish!
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical

Postby cgeyl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:00 am

I thought silverfish was Sheez's thing?
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby cgeyl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

cgeyl wrote:I thought silverfish was Sheez's thing?

[I would like to publicly say that this joke was done in good faith and I'm very sorry for what I did. I love this community and don't want to be banned from it]
cgeyl
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby gigyas6 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:07 am

Krakatoah wrote:Pretty sure the combat system is still fairly shallow, unless we want to mix in skills and armor restrictions...or other stuff...then I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to do the diamond lava conga.

I'm talking back in like Alpha 1.6/1.7
Nowadays, we have sprinting, sprint attacks, jump attacks for crits, blocking... All sorts of stuff.
Back then, there was moving and mashing left click. Also bows were like machine guns.

It's still shallow nowadays, but it was MORE shallow, with very little to learn or really master.
But fuckin' James... I've seen him take out multiple opponents at one time, while being equally geared. I'm actually slightly terrified of what fighting him would be like in Minecraft today, if he was given time to adjust to the new system. If he was able to do that well with such restrictions, then unrestricted...

I know you probably know this, but I'm also explainin' for the newer generation.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Empirical » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:13 am

cgeyl wrote:
cgeyl wrote:I thought silverfish was Sheez's thing?

[I would like to publicly say that this joke was done in good faith and I'm very sorry for what I did. I love this community and don't want to be banned from it]

/ban

gigyas6 wrote:
Krakatoah wrote:Pretty sure the combat system is still fairly shallow, unless we want to mix in skills and armor restrictions...or other stuff...then I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to do the diamond lava conga.

I'm talking back in like Alpha 1.6/1.7
Nowadays, we have sprinting, sprint attacks, jump attacks for crits, blocking... All sorts of stuff.
Back then, there was moving and mashing left click. Also bows were like machine guns.

It's still shallow nowadays, but it was MORE shallow, with very little to learn or really master.
But fuckin' James... I've seen him take out multiple opponents at one time, while being equally geared. I'm actually slightly terrified of what fighting him would be like in Minecraft today, if he was given time to adjust to the new system. If he was able to do that well with such restrictions, then unrestricted...

I know you probably know this, but I'm also explainin' for the newer generation.

/old man
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

Empirical

Postby Empirical » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:05 am

http://files.nationsatwar.org/

Map files can be found here, v1 is the end map.

If you look under renders you can find dynamic maps of the various worlds, season 1 maps are not up yet. Feld is likely to finish those tomorrow. You'll want the Season 1 renders if you hope to find out anything beyond the main area. For now the post I did on the previous page (two pages?) with the link to Jintor's drawn map should guide you.

I'll be renaming the files later so that they're easier to sort through, after that I'll make a post in the map thread in announcements.

Maps will need to be update, these were back during Minecraft Beta days... if they need to convert to Anvil format... well, be easy on your computer. (No where near as big as S2 but anvil conversions can be a bit rough sometimes, think the process has been improved since the last time I did it.)
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

Empirical

Postby orionic » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:57 am

But what about the big obsidian head that should definitly make a return in season 3??
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby Rvanbergen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 am

Empirical wrote:Na, I meant general job description.

Example: Moo codes.
I took the easy one.

Also, still uploading map stuff.

I think Cyster is in charge of community wrangling, but I'm not sure about that...
I have no idea what you do. Apart from the silverfish, obviously.

Empirical wrote:I wasn't actually referring to what you guys did, just in general.

I am reminded of something that happened on the server I played on before NAW:

[words]

All from simply turning the lights out.

I've been thinking about that...
Maybe we went a little overboard with our plans for the NiR map. Maybe after two years, just playing on a slightly tweaked S2 map might be enough to evoke the same feel as I was originally trying to aim for.
Maybe we could still do it in a less serious fashion if we just do something similar to what you mentioned in your UD story...

I'm gonna have to think on this one...
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion