Voting Council Application: Post Here

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Voting Council Application: Post Here

Postby Niphyx » Tue May 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Name:
Niphyx

When did you join N@W?:
Just before S2, during the tests. ( I believe I came in during the end of June )

Why do you want to be on the Voting Council?:
I want to make myself useful, and I want to get rid of those trolls/griefers and people like "blackops" that just ruin the whole thing of this server : Fun. Also, I want to be there to myself feel like I have an effect on the composition of the game.
What qualities do you believe make a good applicant for N@W? Be as general or as specific as you like.:
I'm transparent to friends. Alot of my friends are frustrated because I told them they were too dicky to get in and that even if I am their friend, they should find another person than me to invite them in. Also, I think it's a good thing to let me be one of the voting council because I'm always lurking the forums ( not necessary posting, but... ) and I tend to identify who is acceptable for this. Remember that I know the rules really well, and I know how to pin-point the faults that people do when applying.

Are you prepared to vote on every single application posted?:
I'll do my best to vote on as many applications as possible.
Niphyx
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Niphyx
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Onundr » Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Name:
Onundr

When did you join N@W?:
August 2011

I’ve wanted to help out with this server and community for quite a while and this seems like a perfect way for me to do so. This also gives me the opportunity to have my opinion help decide who gets in and who does not.

What qualities do you believe make a good applicant for N@W? Be as general or as specific as you like.:
What I look for is a real passion to join the server. It comes in many varieties and colors from pvp to building but it’s all the same. They really want to be a part of this community and they almost always show it. I rarely pay attention to build pictures as they don’t really tell me much about the person except that they build well. I’m looking for good sports, people with common sense, and a bit of compassion for their fellow N@wians.

Yes, every single one.
Onundr
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: Onundr

Postby The_Designer » Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 am

Name:
The_Designer

When did you join N@W?:
Joined July, whitelisted around...Febraury?

I would like to be part of the group of people that makes sure no spoiled fruits joins our nice batch of ripe apples. We've had minor slip ups in the past and I want to make sure those slip ups don't happen again, although no one is perfect :P. I felt that being part of the Voting council would be an honor that I would gladly accept.

I have a few that I picked up from reading applicants before/after my whitelisting. First and most important, grammar would be very important to me, although I don't mind the "dont" and "Havent"s. Secondly, their attitude towards the community would have to be respectable and having previous interactions with people before posting the app would make me lean more towards yes, since I would have an idea of how that person acts. Lazily checking the forums every month to see if you can slink into the whitelist wouldn't make me instant no, but I wouldn't have the yes-lean. Thirdly, their attitude would play a major role in my vote. Having some hot-head who griefs when he doesn't get his way would be bad for the community and it's players. To sum it all up, I would look out for people who would fit in with us nicely and wouldn't cause problems.

I certainly am. I know how annoying it is to have an app sit their for 2-3 weeks because nobody wants to vote on it. I'll make sure to skim through the apps everyday and vote on the ones that I have yet to vote on.
Last edited by The_Designer on Thu May 10, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loyal Merah Confederate

Dayman, Uh-aah-aaah
The_Designer
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: The_Designer0

Postby lobartolini » Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 am

Name:
Lobster Martini

When did you join N@W?:
I joined the server itself around 4 months ago. (Whenever the build contest was), but I have been lurking the forums for over a year now. (Yes, it took a while for me to actually get an account on the forums)

Well, as I stated above, the forums were my life for 3/4 of a year, so I pretty much read every post that came up...including the applications. This having been said, I am familiar with the N@W standards, and am able to identify who meets them and who does not. I really love this community, and am trying to take every possible chance given to me to improve it, no matter the struggles. Most importantly, I have a whole ton of time on my hands each day. (About 2 hours of free time), and would be glad to take it all up to go through each application. Pretty much, I think that I would be good for the counsel because I would get things done. Subjectivity is a hard topic to address, yet I find that when I look through applications, I don't judge people based on pure facts given about them, such as their age or their build style. True, young ages are usually associated with immature behavior, but should an applicant prove to me that they are able to conduct themselves with proper in-game and forum etiquette, I would not think twice to accept them. Given, I would not go "yes"ing every single app that comes up, but again, (sorry to be cheesy) its quality, not quantity.

Well, they should take the proper precautions with grammar. Let me rephrase that: I am obsessed with grammar, and should the applicant prove they can speak correctly, that is a big plus. I am not expecting the applicant to write a full fledged essay; heck, I don't even need them to write a paragraph response to each question, but merely a concise summary of what is being asked, in an intelligent and swift manner. Maturity most certainly, and given my past experiences, I tend to be a little more critical on that (my only bias). What defines a mature player? The ability to contain oneself. That's it. Not cleverness, not intellect, but merely a handful of self control. That's pretty much all I look for in an applicant, and my belief is that if a person comes along and fulfills these requirements, they will most likely be an asset to the N@W community.

Undoubtedly, I would go through each of them with pleasure, for I'm certain that I'll get an occasional laugh out of a few of them. <EDIT> Seen that I had to wait over a month for my app to be accepted, I know the frustration that it causes.
Last edited by lobartolini on Wed May 09, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah if a new guy makes a hole every single new people fall into them. Thats the way n@w works. -charminisokay
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Lobster Martini

Postby Fiskav » Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 am

Spoiler:
Edit: Spoilered.
Lobster Martini wrote:When did you join N@W?:
I joined the server itself around 4 months ago. (Whenever the build contest was), but I have been lurking the forums for over a year now.

Unless you lurked without registering, I'd check the right-hand side of the screen underneath your name.
Last edited by Fiskav on Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fiskav
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: GMT +10
In Game: Fiskav

Postby Sheez » Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 am

Please use this thread only for applications. If you feel there is something we should take into consideration when we pick the council, feel free to send it to me in PMs.

Keep in mind, the admin team will be making decisions based on these applications and what we know about each member who applies. Many things will be taken into account and people will be chosen based on what is needed at the time. If we get plenty of applications, we might not choose everyone at once.

We have to go through this thread and pick over each application to the council and it would be much appreciated if we don't have to sort through non-application posts.

Thank you.
Sheez

Postby poopyhat » Wed May 09, 2012 6:11 am

Name:
Poopyhat

When did you join N@W?:
Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:49 pm

I want to shape N@W as I see fit, not in the sense that I want to be the all powerful ruler, but that I would like my views reflected somewhat in the community; and what better way than in the council. (I'm not trying to be a power-monger :))

I believe that i would be a wise choice for candidate, because, on the most basic level, I care about N@W and more importantly, it's community. More specifically, I don't want the new comers to be people that just come and go, that play for one day, that feel like they are above rules, etc. I've had a great experience on this server, from the moment I first logged on people were polite and helpful (not counting getting killed by Raid hahaha :rolleyes:). I want to keep it that way and I want other people to enjoy that also. To that end, as I said before, my best option is to become a council member. Thank you

Yes, I am.
poopyhat
Stargazer of Astracarn

In Game: poopyhat

Postby overnightfuture » Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

Name:
Overnightfuture

When did you join N@W?:
Though I do not remember the month I do know I joined near the end of season one.

I wont to be on voting council so that I can help filter the people joining nations at wars so that we will have fun and mature people join the server, also I wish to join so that I can't really complain about the voting process or I would end up complaining about myself and instead can make a great effort to helping the voting process

A good applicant is someone who puts effort into there application, who doesn't give up if they are denied and go about trying to join again in a calm and mature manner, people who ask extra questions for things they do not know on the spot but don't ask questions about things that are more needed to be researched on the forum and wiki.

After the effort I'm putting in on this application I'd be angry at myself if I didn't.
I burned to death in Fire nation.
overnightfuture

Postby Tito_The_Builder » Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Name:
Tito_The_Builder

When did you join N@W?:
Around October, when apps re-opened and about halfway through S2

To be honest, this server is one probably the best MC servers I've ever been a part of, and I don't want assholes to get through because they PM'd their friends who were already on to vote for them. I want to keep N@W as good as it can be, and part of that is making sure the right people get in.

Well, first of all they need to know how to spell "you're" instead of "youre", but aside grammar, a good applicant should show an interest in the community, and the willingness to not only contribute to it, but to treat it respectfully, and with a good dose of maturity, nobody likes trolls. A good applicant also should know what they're getting into. This isn't a run-of-the-mill MC server, this is an RP experience, and they should know that going in, and should treat it as such.

My eyes will probably bleed from all the reading, but yes.
Last edited by Tito_The_Builder on Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
S2 - Keeper of the Westroad Inn, Founder of Tel Ardur, Adventurer of the World

S2.5 - Founder of Frostmore Village, Stargazer of Astacran

Hiatus at War - Founder of the College of Brigdol
Tito_The_Builder
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: GMT +10 Hours
In Game: Tito_The_Builder

Postby dragonshardz » Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Name:
dragonshardz

When did you join N@W?:
About 2 weeks before Season 1 ended. I forget the exact date.

I want to be on the Voting Council mainly because I want to help ensure that we have the people that will make this server ever better. I also want to stand guard against the ravening hordes of "whitlst me nao".

A good applicant demonstrates intelligence and maturity. The first signal of this is the quality of one's spelling and grammar, given that text is the only way to get to know anyone on the Internet at the moment. People who typ lik dis "sound" unintelligent, and I treat them as such. After that, I mainly look for whether they answer questions completely and how they have acted elsewhere on the forum.

Oh, god help me...yes.
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion