War Plugin Brainstorming

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: War Plugin Brainstorming

Postby Andrea_2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:19 pm

you need crowns and prestige for towns... but only after the first one. the capital is included in the cost of the nation, which is 20k crowns.
Proud member of Hammersong.
Andrea_2
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Aenggd » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:30 pm

dragonshardz wrote:Why should we have to remove nations? Why not just get more active people?

Exactly what I think.
The server is supposed to be able to handle 100 people, but most times I am online there are not more than 20 people online...
Why not open applications again?
Maybe after this creating new nations could be disabled for a while.
Aenggd

In Game: Aenggd

Postby Stargunburst » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Raidonrai wrote:Well, we've been discussing this all day on IRC and we've come up with a few things.

A thing called "Skirmishes" should be possible, in this it would simply turn PvP between the two nations involved on in the defendants land. Block breaking and chest opening would still be disabled. The nation on the defending side would not get a choice to participate in these skirmishes but would get a warning and would have X amount of time to prepare themselves before PvP would be turned on.

Another thing we discussed was assassinations. Let's do a quick example of how sneak killing someone currently works. Raidonrai sneaks up behind Sn0wtorch like a total boss and kills him without sn0wtorch seeing him. Sn0wtorch reads "Raidonrai is a total badass and killed you." in chat and instantly knows it was me. What we propose is that if you do not see (Your crosshair does not hover over them) them within 30 seconds before them killing you, it will simply say "Someone is a total badass and killed you." This would allow for quick and anonymous kills on targets. A few coder bros in IRC said that this wouldn't be too hard to implement. Woooh!

*Likes*
Stargunburst
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: GMT+2
In Game: stargunburst

Postby Arco » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Lobster Martini wrote:
That would be enough to have a decent "war" between two nations, except those 10-20 people are from 5-10 different nations. There simply aren't enough people on this server to go to war, or have a bustling economy, or build huge projects, or lay down roads, or anything.

EXACTLY MY POINT....we need to lessen the amount of nations on this server, possibly through the ways I previously mentioned, or other methods, either way, the gameplay would be greatly enhanced if there were less nations and more people of the same nation to fight with at any given time.

... You missed my point entirely. We need more people, not fewer nations.

I think applications should stay open as long as we have a population problem. There's really no reason not to keep them open, as long as people are voting on them.
Arco
Man-Ant of Garrodum

In Game: E_Arco

Postby BlackholeNW » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Arco wrote:I think applications should stay open as long as we have a population problem. There's really no reason not to keep them open, as long as people are voting on them.

Agreed.
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: BlackholeMC
Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby TheLion69er » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:12 pm

BlackholeNW wrote:
Arco wrote:I think applications should stay open as long as we have a population problem. There's really no reason not to keep them open, as long as people are voting on them.

Agreed.

But that would mean that the people in the voting group would need to vote a little more often... I'm not trying to have a go at any of the Voters, but most apps only get around 12 - 20 votes, and there are a lot more voters than that. This also hinders the application process of voting as a whole (it is really pure luck as to whether you get accepted or not - just depends who reads your application). We just need more active voters!
Former Member of the Riptide Cartel
Current Member of Antares

The Official Diplomat for the Nation of Antares

Magma Hand of Hammerseat
Known as Fiskav on Bay12
TheLion69er

Postby Arco » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 pm

TheLion69er wrote:
BlackholeNW wrote:

Agreed.

But that would mean that the people in the voting group would need to vote a little more often... I'm not trying to have a go at any of the Voters, but most apps only get around 12 - 20 votes, and there are a lot more voters than that. This also hinders the application process of voting as a whole (it is really pure luck as to whether you get accepted or not - just depends who reads your application). We just need more active voters!

Indeed. I'm not as active as I should be when it comes to voting, although some recent unfortunate and annoying acts on the server have motivated me to pay closer attention...
Arco
Man-Ant of Garrodum

In Game: E_Arco

Postby lobartolini » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 pm

yes, yes, open the apps, then I can join you all....mwahahahaha :twisted:
Yeah if a new guy makes a hole every single new people fall into them. Thats the way n@w works. -charminisokay
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Lobster Martini

Postby TheLion69er » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Lobster Martini wrote:yes, yes, open the apps, then I can join you all....mwahahahaha :twisted:

Do you know anyone IRL that is on the server? They might be able to refer you if they think you're good enough for this super-exclusive server :cool:
Former Member of the Riptide Cartel
Current Member of Antares

The Official Diplomat for the Nation of Antares

Magma Hand of Hammerseat
Known as Fiskav on Bay12
TheLion69er

Postby lobartolini » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 am

TheLion69er wrote:
Lobster Martini wrote:yes, yes, open the apps, then I can join you all....mwahahahaha :twisted:

Do you know anyone IRL that is on the server? They might be able to refer you if they think you're good enough for this super-exclusive server :cool:

no I don't..... :bang: but I wish I did
Yeah if a new guy makes a hole every single new people fall into them. Thats the way n@w works. -charminisokay
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Lobster Martini

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion