War Plugin Brainstorming

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: War Plugin Brainstorming

Postby Dedwrekka » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Quick idea.

When war is declared 3 Guards (Soldier subtype) from the Citizens mod spawn around each member of each nation in the war. Each guard gives 10 crowns when killed and has a slow respawn. This makes some interesting situations and doesn't make war about just having three or four people fighting one another, since most wars aren't likely to include a lot of people.

This should make wars between small nations more interesting as well.
Dedwrekka

Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby orionic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 pm

marsglorious wrote:Greater cooperation between players requires faster transit. I was considering this idea of nations being able to buy Castles/Outposts, small sets of plots that are separate from your cities, but must be within a certain radius of territory you control (castles must be near cities (reducing fragmented nations), but encouraging chains of fortresses to extend your nation's influence. The plot pricing curve for an outpost/castle is very steep. Inside these castles, you can place gates or wizards, which depending on how you set them somehow, can teleport/jump you to a city or fortress you control, within a certain range. Hence making chains of fast travel transit where make repeated jumps from one castle to the next. If you are allied with another nation, you can potentially use their castles but in hostile, neutral or wilderness territory you have to walk or boat. This allows you to extend your influence upon the area around your cities. These castles can be attacked and taken by other nations, putting some actual conquest in the game.

this seems like a brilliant idea to me, but i believe these 'castles' should be admin made. imagine around 7 of these teleportation points spread across the map. it may not seem much, but if you place these in a reletively close distance to landmarks, f.e. the basin, the hollows, somewhere in the murkwoods, but within a 5 min. walking range of these grand landscapes, they would be a key to your nations power. if one of these portal points were close to my nation, i would do anything to keep it in my control. but with one portal on the outskirts of your region, you still dont get very far. you have one, but need 2. find a nation you dislike, see if there is a portal point nearby, and push on to take it over. if ones already taken over, you need to wait 10 min. after declaring 'war' to those who own that point. this way people have time to get some recources and warp there, and fight for a very strategic point in their nations safety.
Also, we should be able to put allied nations in alliances, so that they can allow allies to warp to their warp point, which would greatly stimulate trade, and could also be used to call back up, in case you are under attack.
seems like a good idea to me.
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby lobartolini » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 pm

This I meant literally as an example, I have no idea if vorst owns anything in the heartwoods, it was meant to showcase the scenario.
Last edited by lobartolini on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah if a new guy makes a hole every single new people fall into them. Thats the way n@w works. -charminisokay
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Lobster Martini

Postby dragonshardz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 am

You can own plots not adjacent to the nation's already owned plots by having 10k Prestige and establishing a second town.
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

Postby lobartolini » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 am

one thing that is certain is that the price for plot curve needs to be decreased by large....limits nations to building...well, maybe not by a large amount but enough to make it so you can buy one or two plots a day, cause 16x16 isn't that big
Yeah if a new guy makes a hole every single new people fall into them. Thats the way n@w works. -charminisokay
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

Postby BlackholeNW » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Here are a lot of ideas, but I thought that I should make a new thread for them. Here is a link: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2884
Slightly baffled co-founder of the Time-Cloaked Order. :'D

Darix Palkiren - Thane of Space.
Erfasin Fastoraanum - Pyromaniac.

You can't play in lava; it's no fun.
You can only die in lava.
BlackholeNW
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: BlackholeMC
Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Ragandar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

What I think would be cool, is that we indeed have something like these forts or outposts. Only they will not be built by nations but there will be a fixed amount scattered across the map. These outposts would have something like 'cultural influence' (Think about cultural borders as in Civ.). This 'influence' would not affect plot protection, so even if nation A owns the nearest fort, nation B can still found a city there.

If a nation owns them they would get:
-Prestige each time [Set amount] time has passed.
-Prestige adds up if you own more forts or outposts. (The more influence a nation has, the more prestige it will gain)

Prestige would only be given under certain circumstances:
-[Set amount]% of your nation's members has to be online.
-At least 1 of your nation's members must be within the 'cultural influence' of said outpost.

Outposts and forts could be conquered:
-If a nation A owns a fort and nation B wants to have it, they would have to kill [Set amount] players from nation A within the cultural influence of that fort (Or kill 1 player [Set amount] of times). Once they have done so they conquer the fort and will be gaining the prestige untill some other nation comes around claims it.
-If nation A's members are killed [Set amount] of times by several nations, the fort would just be lost and become 'unclaimed'. Any nation can now claim it.

This would add:
-Incentive to log in and gain prestige.
-Incentive to have more smaller wars/skirmish like things for more prestige.

Disadvantages: I have not thought of a way to grant trade/peaceful nations more prestige with this.

Possible additions: A fort might automatically be 'declaimed' if none of the owning nation's members have entered the 'cultural influence' within [Set amount] of time, to stop nations from claiming everything (And never returning to those forts) just so others don't get prestige.

This would not grant prestige by sitting near a hole and doing nothing, since you have to be near it and risk getting killed by other nations, and actively defend your outposts if you want to keep the prestige coming in.

Please tell me what you think about it :D... It might be good in my eyes, but totally suck in the opinion of someone else.
F*ck Hell, I will go to Walhalla Sovngarde. \m/
Season 2:
Council member of The Teutonic Order.
Magma Hand of Hammerseat.

Season 2.5:

Tribesman of the Mavi.
Voting Council member.

Season 3:
Ragandar
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Ragandar

Postby lobartolini » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 am

I agree with ragandar, these outposts should not be able to be built from map to map, but have one outpost in each biome, in order for fast but not exaggeratedly fast transit. (still requires a bit of a walk)
lobartolini
Workman of Garrodum

Postby marsglorious » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Well this is all coming back to the simple solution of placing sanctum chains in each biome or having nether travel. I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my outpost/castle idea, but I still think that nations should have cheap outposts that can be captured, adding an element of conquest to this other static server.

Last bumped by marsglorious on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:23 pm.
"<marsglorious> I do occasionally quote myself."
marsglorious
Workman of Garrodum

Previous

Return to General Discussion