Nation Wars

General discussion related to N@W. Questions, concerns, comments - this is your place.

Moderator: Lunysgwen

Re: Nation Wars

Postby Styrofoam Sammich » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Theft4Bread wrote:While I don't approve of his plagiarism, I got to hand it to him for trying to make his own N@W since he couldn't play this one. As long as we keep people out, we have to expect that people are going to imitate. And if we don't want everyone in this one, it is probably best for everyone to have their own servers to play on.

But of course, it would be best if they didn't straight up steal stuff.

Pretty much this. Imitations are inevitable, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate straight up plagiarism.
former co-ruler of Earth Nation

such and such
Styrofoam Sammich

Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby dragonshardz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Styrofoam Sammich wrote:
Theft4Bread wrote:While I don't approve of his plagiarism, I got to hand it to him for trying to make his own N@W since he couldn't play this one. As long as we keep people out, we have to expect that people are going to imitate. And if we don't want everyone in this one, it is probably best for everyone to have their own servers to play on.

But of course, it would be best if they didn't straight up steal stuff.

Pretty much this. Imitations are inevitable, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate straight up plagiarism.

I think this is what everyone is feeling. I don't care if he makes a shitty copy of our server, but outright stealing the stuff we worked on? Not cool.
Sick Barbarian Macho Saboteur Don Vito Corleone
dragonshardz
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: dragonshardz

Postby Forbe » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 pm

AceJon wrote:I don't know why this has turned from something funny into something about righteous anger. He's just some kid doin a thang.

Yep. If the admins want to do something about it, so be it. Otherwise leave it alone.
Forbe

Postby Lunysgwen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Forbe wrote:
AceJon wrote:I don't know why this has turned from something funny into something about righteous anger. He's just some kid doin a thang.

Yep. If the admins want to do something about it, so be it. Otherwise leave it alone.

You don't need just us to point this guy out. Anyone can help make sure this guy stops stealing our builds and ideas. Don't just point at us and say 'do something about it.' Jump in and help us out =)
Lunysgwen

Postby Forbe » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 pm

He's using a map that was made publicly available right? I don't see the point in waging a war against this kid for using assets that were accessible to anyone.

Given his attempt at emulating the NAWv1 map, I would entirely doubt that he would be able to sustain any sort of creative facsimile of the NAW servers. He doesn't have the server plugins, he doesn't have the community.

By admins, I mean the game admins, not forum mods.
Forbe

Postby DeShadowC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

Forbe wrote:He's using a map that was made publicly available right? I don't see the point in waging a war against this kid for using assets that were accessible to anyone.

Given his attempt at emulating the NAWv1 map, I would entirely doubt that he would be able to sustain any sort of creative facsimile of the NAW servers. He doesn't have the server plugins, he doesn't have the community.

By admins, I mean the game admins, not forum mods.

I have the utmost respect and trust for our forum mods, and for the most part the only reason they, meaning luny and emp, aren't in game admins are due to wanting to play the game too.
DeShadowC

Postby Forbe » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:15 am

Sorry if that sounded snarky, didn't mean anything by it.
Forbe

Postby Ein » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:20 am

I'll make my own Minecraft server! With hookers! And blackjack!

I don't know what map he's using. I don't particularly care, either. The idiots on Youtube that get us confused with the subpar imitiation are the same idiots that we probably wouldn't be accepting anyway.
Ein
CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

Postby marsglorious » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:55 am

Ouch, so summed up: Substandard version of Nations@War for Substandard Individuals.
"<marsglorious> I do occasionally quote myself."
marsglorious
Workman of Garrodum

Postby Dedwrekka » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:58 pm

marsglorious wrote:Ouch, so summed up: Substandard version of Nations@War for Substandard Individuals.

They didn't make it into the server for whatever reason, but let's not start sliding into elitism here.
Dedwrekka

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion