A Call to Arms, the Rise of a Nation

Discuss builds, game modes, maps, patches, and other fantastic things about the game we play here.

Moderators: Ragandar, Lunysgwen

A Call to Arms, the Rise of a Nation

Postby Zpade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 am

"Introduction" Below:
Spoiler:
The morning light came slowly through the trees, warming the face of a man as he ensured he had secured his steed on a makeshift post. He checked his supplies to ensure it was all there, and unsheathed his sword as if to examine it; he gave it a good swing, and sheathed it quickly. He set out towards a clearing ahead, uphill though it was. He could see stone; not a wall, but a foundation of a large keep atop the stone. Powerful, imposing, it seemed.

This must be it. He thought as he admired it. He pushed on, towards a rise, for a better view. In excitement his feet took flight. Reaching the viewpoint, he turned to look upon the structure further, upon which he froze. Slowly, he moved to the bushes nearby, keeping low; he saw someone. No, two, walking about.

I must be cautious. Need to get closer. He pressed on, staying low, moving quickly. A village came into view. People were moving about within and around the buildings, talking, moving things. Someone, with two guards, entered a gate. Nothing menacing, but apparently leading into the castle. It was obvious at this point: others occupy these lands.

Uncle's death likely made this outcome inevitable. I do not feel surprise, though this is, unacceptable. He watched the village folk for a moment longer, after which he moved again, downhill this time. He looked back, to ensure no one was following. He reached his small encampment, occupied this time with another horse, and another man, setting firewood to cook the morning meal he had caught. He looked up to see his approach.
"Shot some chicken for the fire. Care to join?"

"No, we must leave."

"Oh, raiders? Someone saw you?"

"The castle is occupied."

"A shame that is. We best head home."

"Make haste you, but I have other plans."

"You will not come?"

"Unless you wish to join me. To find our kinsmen."

"They are scattered, and moving about. There's no wa-"

"We will find them. Then we must train with them."

"Train for what? ...No, no, you're not thinking abo-"

"I am. We're retaking the castle."

"This is insane.. I hope you're in your right mind on doing this."

"Time will be the judge of that. Whether I, Edosaku Kyou, might rally our people again to retake this land."

"We should move, no time for your preaching."

"As you say, lets."

I currently play on a server, MassiveCraft as it's called. Just a member of a faction, was planning on staying that way for a while. Then a good friend from N@W happened upon the server. Taking him into my faction, we caught up some. I decided to show him my last castle build there(claimed by others), as I owned a faction prior to leaving for a few months. Earlier I decided I wanted it back, and with other friends from the server deduced from certain rulings that we can force the current occupants to leave as a surrender term, since I was the castle's architect.

I had planned on its retaking after a good while, months perhaps, but I feel it better to advance those plans to within the month, more or less. But to siege a castle requires a group, and I turn to those who might be floating about here, in the N@W community. If interested with, little or nothing to do(Minecraft-wise), I ask for your help to retake this castle, and, if you might like to, stay and take part in the building of a new nation, possibly "empire."

The building style is Japanese, but we will be adding another style that seems to fit well with it.

Also, another thing to note. The server is a public server, so we would need to be incredibly cautious about allowing new members into our nation(which, in all honesty, is also why I'm taking preference to N@W folk. We're the cool kids :dance: ). I hope to make better plans and ideas about the nation's future in collaboration with us working together, as I feel that would make for a better "mini N@W" in the server.

There are also a few things in Massivecraft that will be needed to be taken into account, like the MCMMO plug-in being in place. I will be tutoring along the way, since I've been here for a while now. I would also like as many of us as possible to utilize TeamSpeak, as there is a teamspeak server for Massivecraft, and another we might use if we wish to further avoid Massivecraft people, per se.

That being said, we will need to schedule a date to meet up in this server, since the next 3 days will require my attention, although I might be able to play for a time on said days. I hope to see some of you there!

Oh, and let me leave the server's ip address below, should you wish to do some recon yourself, get a feel of the server.
Spoiler:
massivecraft.com
Nope! Chuck Testa!
Zpade
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: Zpade
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: A Call to Arms, the Rise of a Nation

Postby orionic » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Oh god, its happening again. I will take a look at this, in the morning.
KB's Idea?: GENERATION 3:
Spoiler:
The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
orionic
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: orionic_haps

Postby charmisokay » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 am

I will too take a look at this, it sounds cool and I would like to play a bit with you folks again :)
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Rvanbergen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am

Oh, man... how long has it been since I last set foot on a Public server?
Checked it out yesterday, for a few minutes. Don't think I got a good impression, though.
I would like to see you guys in-game again sometime.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby Zpade » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Rvanbergen wrote:Oh, man... how long has it been since I last set foot on a Public server?
Checked it out yesterday, for a few minutes. Don't think I got a good impression, though.

Indeed, as is the case with many public servers upon entering; seemingly festering with bad folk. I tell you though, it's not so bad as soon as one gets through the clutter(Oh, and that can also mean literally with the ability to turn channels off and all). I suppose I also want to do this endeavor in a public server to see how a quality community operates in a public environment.

Yes. We do this for Science!

Also N@W. N@W Science. I think.

God I love science.
Nope! Chuck Testa!
Zpade
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Science is like, pretty rad, man.
Please add me or something, though, my inventory is full and I'm tired of just being a wanderer.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Rvanbergen » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 am

Maybe we should set up some kind of meeting, so we can play together for a bit? I would like that, and maybe you would too?
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby Joehonsen » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Just logged into the server and I am kind of liking it already. Could you tell me where you are stationed so I could go over there?
Formally known as the great Acertop!
Joehonsen
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: US Central Time
In Game: acertop

Postby gigyas6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Hmm... A chance to use my science magic once again to wreck havoc and take siege? My hands have long since been coated red, and they long for the feeling of electricity to flow through yet again.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby Zpade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:04 am

Alright, I apologize since I've been a little bit busy as of late.

Anyway, I'm thinking we have a meet in the server at 1pm, PST, tomorrow, and on the 26th, same time; I'll also be on massivecraft's teamspeak on the 26th, its ip is ts.massivecraft.com if interested. Invites will be sent, just check with me with a message and I'll get you into the faction.

We'll set up a camp and begin basic planning. As well as show the castle we might be taking over. Or decide to just build a new place. I would still like the Japanese style around though, if we go with the latter, but I suppose a change would also do good.
Nope! Chuck Testa!
Zpade
Tribesman of the Mavi

Next

Return to Minecraft Talk