Start of an underwater city

Discuss builds, game modes, maps, patches, and other fantastic things about the game we play here.

Moderators: Ragandar, Lunysgwen

Start of an underwater city

Postby Joehonsen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:18 am

Ok, so I started this time consuming (grade consuming a little to) project and I don't know what too do. Should I add on to it, what should i put into it?

The two holes on the top of the pic are elevators to bring people up from the city/cities. The large of the three is a hole for people to drop through with two layers of water to slow them down in the middle and then water in the bottom of the hole to break the fall.
In the main dome (the one on the left) is a building for people to go through and check in/out (immigration). I was thinking of also putting shops in it too. The second one I was thinking of making into a housing dome that will hold 8 houses.
This is all I can think of right now so i want more ideas for this please.

Also, is there a certain mod that takes away water in a certain large area?
Formally known as the great Acertop!
Joehonsen
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: US Central Time
In Game: acertop
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Start of an underwater city

Postby _myst_ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 pm

The latest Snapshot has finally added functionality to Sponges, which may help you out. They spawn in the new underwater dungeons as "Wet Sponges" which when dried in a furnace, produce a "Dry Sponge" which removes water from the region placed, once again becoming wet, and the process can be repeated. As for more stuff to load into your city, I suggest farms, parks, maybe a big hunting preserve within a big dome with an artificial forest biome, a submarine bay, airlocks, more housing, if you want to weaponize the place you could add cannon turrets and stuff.
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121