So where are we now?

Discuss builds, game modes, maps, patches, and other fantastic things about the game we play here.

Moderators: Ragandar, Lunysgwen

So where are we now?

Postby Rvanbergen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:43 pm

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

With Nations at War currently being in what at this point appears to somewhere between hypersleep and a stage five coma, I was wondering what Minecraft is been doing for the rest of us these days. I know I have been trying to practice my building skills in SSP (keyword: Trying), but what of the rest of you? Does anyone here still play Minecraft? And if so, what do you do? Where do you do it?
It'd be nice to hear each other talk about this game again for once, since it hasn't been mentioned a lot lately as far as I could see.
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: So where are we now?

Postby charmisokay » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

As you know, Rvan, I am playing a lot of minecraft over on the Uthrandir RP server. I find the server quite good if you can handle a less-than-awesome community (As a result of a too easy application system) and next-to-none minecraft pvp.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby gigyas6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 pm

charmisokay wrote:As you know, Rvan, I am playing a lot of minecraft over on the Uthrandir RP server. I find the server quite good if you can handle a less-than-awesome community (As a result of a too easy application system) and next-to-none minecraft pvp.

I was playing on Uth for a bit, but... Well, Charm knows about that. Also met some cool people (who Charm actually knows, through some coincidence), and I still keep in touch with a good portion of them. I'll probably be going back to Uth when the expansion hits, as there's a special RP event one of the folks has been setting up for a long time.
Other than that, I've been playing Magic World 2 modpack through Feed the Beast. Recently got a new computer so that I can actually do stuff like that. Magic World is actually loads of fun and severely under looked.
In vanilla, I've been doing my normal stuff. Experimenting with redstone, making command block contraptions, such like that. Although I am a bit out of the loop as of late, so most my techniques, while practical, are ancient.
ggnaw.mcnode.net N@W Community server
gigyas6
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: gigyas6

Postby _Ass4ssin_ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:45 pm

I've been playing mInecraft again after long time of other games, still hoping N@W will ever be back.
As long as that isn't the case I'm playing on an Hardcore Faction server. I've joined a nice faction and met some nice people. I really love the fear of being able to die any second and being dead for a few days. Really give minecraft a hard difficulty again. I was suprised about how easy the game became, I felt down cliffs thinking I will die.

Yet because of enchanted armor it looks like I can survive a 20+ block fall and taking only 3 hearts damage. Only hard part is the PvP for me. Still really love the game and building. How fun HCF might be, I still wish for N@W to begin. If it ever will.

Mostly I play another game and hop on minecraft once in the few hours. Currently making a fairly sized castle on top of a mountain. Quite fun to build, but still have to watch your back for an attack. I freak out when ever I see a nameplate just to notice it belongs to friend or badly geared person.
_Ass4ssin_
Tribesman of the Mavi

In Game: _Ass4ssin_

Postby Captain Bounceraff » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:03 am

I still play Minecraft quite a bit, a few of my "irl" friends and I have been keeping our hands busy building a server and driving each other crazy. Other than that, I don't really play very many other games. Like much of the N@W community, I'm just waiting for N@W to spark up again haha
- She's a cruel Mistress.
Captain Bounceraff
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: PDT
In Game: Bounceraff

Postby Danelli » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:09 pm

I've started to develop Bukkit plugins. I made a few very awesome ones (ability to grow flowers like they're crops). I plan to get a license on Bukkit and start posting my creations.
Dear Family,
Thanks for putting empty boxes back in the cabinet. There's nothing like having disappointment for breakfast.
Danelli
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: EST
In Game: Danelli

Postby Feldherren » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:45 am

I'm making smokebombs.

...no, seriously. I've already fixed the sheep issue.

Also rendering out the maps I hadn't bothered rendering until recently. Forgot how much I like those maps.
In related news, those are now in the files place.
<almiteycow> feld go stand next to this wall!
<almiteycow> feld lay down on this road!
<Feldherren> Someone two metres tall is 1.3 felds.
<almiteycow> oh lord
<almiteycow> my brain is breaking
Feldherren
Emp's Little Proof Reader

In Game: Feldherren

Postby almiteycow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 am

Danelli wrote:I've started to develop Bukkit plugins. I made a few very awesome ones (ability to grow flowers like they're crops). I plan to get a license on Bukkit and start posting my creations.

Come work for us. We have treats.

I never minced too many rafts. Most of my time was spent working on it.
<Emp> There are only three acceptable reasons to call me at 5am. He will die for his crimes.
<Feldherren> If he sounds tipsy he's probably dead drunk.
<EmpC> I have seen moo dead drunk, I left him in Seattle. And yes, dwarves are weird
almiteycow

Timezone: PST/PDT
In Game: almiteycow

Postby Alcarnus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Literally have not played any serious Minecraft in over 18 months.
Terminal Shitbag
Alcarnus
Stargazer of Astracarn

Timezone: EST
In Game: Alcarnus

Postby _myst_ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:41 am

Well, I've been trying (and mostly failing) to come up with innovative redstone stuffs and further my build style. At the present I'm working in the middle of nowhere in northern Minnesota (USA), but in 3 weeks I'll be back to twiddling around in my superflat worlds. At the end of August I'm off to college and I hope to use a bit of cash to invest in a nice gaming desktop, as I haven't had the means to acquire one for most of my life up to the present. (I'll probably post something asking for suggestions later). Other than that, I think the new blocks related to underwater dungeons definitely have build potential with quartz and emerald . . . yeah those are cool. Also a big fan of the new mobs. :dance:
Season 2: Wanderer of Necropolis
Season 2.1: Frostmore Resident
Nations test: Stargazer of Astracarn
Dewcraft: Campaign challenged
House Mithorian: Tree-Hugger
Massivecraft: Builder of Bunkers
Unofficial Season: Thain of Sylven
Now where is my Season 3?!?!?
_myst_
The bot formerly known as jlpaugh121

Timezone: Pacific Standard
In Game: jlpaugh121