Join the Danelli Family Line

Discuss builds, game modes, maps, patches, and other fantastic things about the game we play here.

Moderators: Ragandar, Lunysgwen

Join the Danelli Family Line

Postby Danelli » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:44 am

The Danelli family is a currently lesser known bloodline in the land of Caerundal composed mostly of Suthan humans. It is said they started off as a group of farmers living in Adalay, a small farming village near Valeni, capital of the Linarae empire. In recent soli, they began to spread out all throughout Linarae and the surrounding lands. They are a quick thinking and curious people. The Danelli family greatly believe in justice and honor. They follow the Order Faith and their family patron is Coelum, the Lightbringer. Their second faith, for those members that have one, is usually fire or life, but it can vary all across the remaining Seven.

Well, recently our old friend Lobster Martini discovered an amazing role playing server by the name of Uthrandir :toot: Honestly, it is probably my favorite minecraft server to date. It has politics, a gold based economy, war, conquest, legit role playing (like actual role playing. You are almost always in character unlike most rp servers), magic, religion, a well thought out lore, history, folktales, and so much more. I figure it will be a great server for our community to play on while we wait for Nations in Ruin and eventually S3.

Alright, now for some Q&A.

Why do you want us to join your family line It's recommended for players who already know each other outside of the server to be family members. It helps prevent meta-gaming.

Any requirements to be a part of the Danelli family line? Not really. I suppose being human would be nice, but it's fine if our family uncle is dragon or something. I guess try to stick to the family lore and stay around the Linarae empire if possible.

Link to the server? http://www.uthrandir.com/

Is there an application process? Yes, but it is not as difficult as the one to get into Nations at War, so we all should pass. Just make sure to read over the rules and guidelines.

What do we do once we get on the server? You pretty much live as your character. Personally I would recommend we ask Tang (leader of Valeni and the Linarae empire) if the Nations at War community could have it's own outpost somewhere in Linarae. More or less we would get our own town, which is awesome since land is pretty hard to acquire at the moment. (It will be more available once the map expands later this summer)

Are you living in Valeni or one of it's outposts? No, I became the Vice-Captain of the Guard for an underground town called Ambertoe. You are all welcome to join if you want. We could always use people and there are quite a few positions of power still available.

So yeah, check it out :dance:
Dear Family,
Thanks for putting empty boxes back in the cabinet. There's nothing like having disappointment for breakfast.
Danelli
Tribesman of the Mavi

Timezone: EST
In Game: Danelli
Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Re: Join the Danelli Family Line

Postby Empirical » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 am

Danelli wrote:[i]Honestly, it is probably my favorite minecraft server to date.

Them be fighting words!

:grim:
Professional Cat Herder

Cobble Baron

<Cyster> ... your specialty seems to be reading things without absorbing any of it. :P
Empirical
Presiding Server Overlord

Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
In Game: Empirical

Postby Danelli » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 am

Uh I mean second favorite :shobon:
Dear Family,
Thanks for putting empty boxes back in the cabinet. There's nothing like having disappointment for breakfast.
Danelli
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby Rvanbergen » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 am

Looks fun! I may check it out! ( :ohdear: )

Danelli wrote:I figure it will be a great server for our community to play on while we wait for Nations in Ruins and eventually S3.

It would help if we knew if - and if so when - we'd be getting our server back. :rolldice:
AKA Rvan. That's R.van; you pronounce it as "Ar-van", not "R-van".

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

“No Fishing in Elevator!”
-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

In Game: Rvanbergen

Postby charmisokay » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:12 am

I'll check it out later.
At first I thought you meant in real life, which sort of surprised me.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby oliver » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Hmm, I might join :)

I'll check it out as well!
Think twice before eating porkchops!
Piggies has rights too!
-
Sincerely - the pigs' civil right administration
oliver
Tribesman of the Mavi

Location: The land of "Danish Crown", nr. 1 bacon distributor!
Timezone: CET (GMT+1)
In Game: oliver_a

Postby Rvanbergen » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 pm

So, I've checked out the application form, and just to be clear, If I apply for this, I should call myself "(something) Danelli", right? Also, who are my current family members? Should I say I'm following this patron the Danelli family is following?

Or should I just write whatever comes to mind?

EDIT: Actually, I would like to know the answer to those questions anyway, just for RP reasons.

--
"Life's short. Then you die. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
--

-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

Postby Danelli » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:14 am

Rvanbergen wrote:So, I've checked out the application form, and just to be clear, If I apply for this, I should call myself "(something) Danelli", right? (Yes. On the server you can set your nick as just your first name though.) Also, who are my current family members? (Currently it's just me.) Should I say I'm following this patron the Danelli family is following? (No pick any patron you want from any faith you follow, but one of your faiths should be Order.)

Or should I just write whatever comes to mind? (On the application your character doesn't have to match who you are actually going to be playing on the server.)

EDIT: Actually, I would like to know the answer to those questions anyway, just for RP reasons.

Alright, let me give a bit more background on what I have currently said about my family and what roles are available. I have given as little info as possible about my character's origin while I have played, so for most of my relatives you should be able to give them your own personalities, skills, backgrounds, ect. The only real requirement is that one faith is Order and their surname is Danelli.

My character's name is Antonio Lucan Danelli. I was born and raised in Adalay by my mother, Editta*, and my father (Vitale Bruno Danelli*), who worked as an architect in Valeni, the great city very near to our village. He has 6 other siblings*. The only one I have mentioned by name is my Uncle Torre*. He served as a highly skilled guard in Valeni and taught my character the basics of how to fight with sword and bow. He is still alive now, but has retired from the guard of Valeni.

My father's father (my grandfather) is named Lucan Danelli*. He was a farmer is Adalay that saved up enough money to get his children educated in Valeni. He was married to my grandmother, Oriana, now deceased. They had seven children including my father and Torre.

My character is now more or less head of the guard in Ambertoe, a small underground town that is also part of the Linarae empire, of which Valeni is the capital. All my family are welcome to join according to the town leader, Zephron. Just reply you want to join on this topic or pm me and I'll have him add you. At the moment, our town has pretty much every role open you could think of. Most of our citizens also join our military/guard as we are currently engaged in a war with Darkling Woods and groups of heretics.

Roles available in my family line (some of which I marked above with an asterisk):

-Any of my character's (Antonio's) siblings (I have given no info on any of my siblings or if I even have any. They are completely your character.)
-Any of my character's aunts or uncles (Five of whom have no given no information about. Completely your oc. Torre is even available if someone wants to play as a former Valeni guard.)
-Any of my character's cousins (children of the aunts and uncles above. No information is given about any of them. Completely your character.)
-My parents (If someone wants to play as one of my parents, go right ahead. No info is really given about either of them except name and former occupation. You can make their current occupation whatever you wish.)
-My grandfather (While now old and crotchety, Lucan still has some years left in him. He is open if anyone wishes to play as him.)

Hope to see you guys on the server!
Dear Family,
Danelli
Tribesman of the Mavi

Postby charmisokay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:20 am

I would like to join, checking the application system out in a few minutes, and thinking about a character.
One of your siblings are still available, right?
It seems like they have more server, I assume you are talking about the "roleplaying" one.
Last edited by charmisokay on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud citizen of The Hammersong Empire.
Blood lord of Hammerseat.
-
The puncher of wolves.
The accelerator of things.
charmisokay
Tribesman of the Mavi

Time Cloaked: Willing

Postby Rvanbergen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 am

I'd like to be your cousin, if that's alright.
Also, any reason you gave yourself those names? Does it have to be Italian sounding? Because I was personally thinking of going with "Edward".

--
--

-Nowan123
Rvanbergen
Workman of Garrodum

Next

Return to Minecraft Talk