Flying road.

Discuss builds, game modes, maps, patches, and other fantastic things about the game we play here.

Moderators: Ragandar, Lunysgwen

Re: Flying road.

Postby Dedwrekka » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 pm

ghepip wrote:The rules clearly says that we are to build in style/theme.
If your building a flying road with no support, your building to far to fast, and should make the supports while moving slowly forward towards your goal.

First time I logged on since building my section of the bridge, and it appears that it was expanded and is actually the bridge in question. I will say, however, that the section I built is from the sand bar by The Society of Argentifex to the last staircase connection the bridge to the water. Everything after that seems to have appeared overnight. Since it's something I started, I'll try to add supports around the rest of the bridge. Except for the staircase to nowhere. I may just destroy that unless a nation suddenly appears several blocks above the water.
Dedwrekka

Time Cloaked: Choice Pending

Postby Cyster » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 pm

ghepip wrote:The rules clearly says that we are to build in style/theme.
If your building a flying road with no support, your building to far to fast, and should make the supports while moving slowly forward towards your goal.

While the build guidelines and the suggestions people have been making are absolutely solid for live, in beta you're likely going to see some cobblecrap about as people test wars and invasions. It is far more important at this stage to test things with functional structures quickly than to spend a great amount of time making something pretty and not test any of the commands that need testing.
<Emp> my fist will meet your face
<Emp> your nipples will feed the starving
Cyster

Timezone: PST
In Game: Cyster

Postby raolduke2020 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Unrealistic structures are still pretty common being that it's beta and a lot of nations are just dicking around or have few players logging on. The road will have supports when it's finished, but the function of being connected to the main road was more important than adding in support as we went. The road has been up all of like three days, so it's not been half complete for very long. If it offends you too much, just build some arches along the bottom. It's not build protected or anything. People have expanded a crazy amount, so it's not the effort of any one person or nation.
Brother of Argentifex
raolduke2020

Postby ghepip » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:03 am

So it's okay to not follow the rules about the theme, but it's not okay to not follow the rules when we are talking flying/speed hacking...
Rules are rules.
ghepip
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby AceJon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 am

ghepip wrote:So it's okay to not follow the rules about the theme, but it's not okay to not follow the rules when we are talking flying/speed hacking...
Rules are rules.

It's beta... oh, let's all just shtum until Ein or Shadow gets here.
AceJon

Postby Dedwrekka » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 am

ghepip wrote:So it's okay to not follow the rules about the theme, but it's not okay to not follow the rules when we are talking flying/speed hacking...
Rules are rules.

It's magic. There, alright? If it's that much of a problem for you, it's not build protected, so feel free to add supports to it.

Apparently, "I'll take care of what others have expanded onto something I started when I have time from testing", doesn't simply solve the issue anymore. :doh: :bang:
Dedwrekka

Postby Ein » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 am

I have no expectations of glamorous builds in Beta.

Come release, I will punch whoever makes flying, unsupported roads [and LEAVES them as such indefinitely] in the babymaker.
Ein
CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

Postby ghepip » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 am

Dedwrekka wrote:
Rules are rules.

It's magic. There, alright? If it's that much of a problem for you, it's not build protected, so feel free to add supports to it.

Apparently, "I'll take care of what others have expanded onto something I started when I have time from testing", doesn't simply solve the issue anymore. :doh: :bang:

I didn't mean you dedwrekka, I am glad you will fix it :) and if you need help extending it I will have a lot of time this coming week.
ghepip
Stargazer of Astracarn

Postby Dedwrekka » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:27 am

ghepip wrote:
Dedwrekka wrote:
Rules are rules.

I didn't mean you dedwrekka, I am glad you will fix it :) and if you need help extending it I will have a lot of time this coming week.

I really had no intention of extending it. My main purpose was connecting it to the main roads to make traveling to the area easier. If someone else wanted to extend it, no problem. If beautifying it becomes problematic, I'm just going to leave it and let someone else deal with it.
Dedwrekka

Postby ghepip » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am

I feel this has become more of a guilt throwing thread.
I simply wanted to say that you should not built flying roads unless there is a purpose.
ghepip
Stargazer of Astracarn

PreviousNext

Return to Minecraft Talk